printing word-documents from browse-box
Author Message
 printing word-documents from browse-box

I have a browsebox with the names of several word-documents.
Now I would like to print the selected document like Explorer does (right
button print).
Explorer opens word, prints the document and closes word.
How can I do this in CW.

Thanks in advance,

Jos Candel

Thu, 23 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 printing word-documents from browse-box

Hi Jos,

Quote:
>I have a browsebox with the names of several word-documents.
>Now I would like to print the selected document like Explorer does (right
>button print).
>Explorer opens word, prints the document and closes word.
>How can I do this in CW.

Should be possible with DDE.  You'd need to record a macro in Word
that opens a file and prints it and then use the macro commands in CW
for DDE commands.  Basic structure is to open word if it isn't open,
open a dde channel to it, dde the open file command and then dde the
print file macro then close the dde channel...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!

Thu, 23 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Handle Word document on Unix box?

2. Printing MS-WORD documents

3. Printing Word Document in Clarion App

4. The best solution for printing report into MS Word document

5. Printing Report to MS Word Document

6. Printing word documents

7. tcom. Print pages from MS Word document

8. word wrapping in a browse box

9. Browse box option boxes

10. refreshing browse box on form from parent browse

11. DocumentSummaryInformation Word Document

12. Word documents with DBase merge