Group or Segclass exceeds 64K
Author Message
 Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

I have a problem with a module, written in CW 2.003, with 7 tabs (in 6 tabs,
I had make browses), buttons and entry-fields (max. 2 buttons and 1-4
entry-fields per tab). When I compile the software with 32bit, I had no
problems. With the 16bit-compiler, the message "Group or Segclass exceeds
64K" is wirting on the screen.

What I have to do, to make a errorfree module ?

Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

Quote:
>I have a problem with a module, written in CW 2.003, with 7 tabs (in 6
tabs,
>I had make browses), buttons and entry-fields (max. 2 buttons and 1-4
>entry-fields per tab). When I compile the software with 32bit, I had no
>problems. With the 16bit-compiler, the message "Group or Segclass exceeds
>64K" is wirting on the screen.

>What I have to do, to make a errorfree module ?

You are going to have to move the tab processing into their own Routines and
replace
the code in the Accept loop with a do routinename.

Michael Gould
TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division
Team TopSpeed - Internet

Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

Hello!

Quote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 14:40:34 +0100
>I have a problem with a module, written in CW 2.003, with 7 tabs
>(in 6 tabs, I had make browses),

Why do not move the whole program to the single procedure? <bg>

Quote:
>buttons and entry-fields (max. 2
>buttons and 1-4 entry-fields per tab). When I compile the software
>with 32bit, I had no problems. With the 16bit-compiler, the message
>"Group or Segclass exceeds 64K" is wirting on the screen.

The 16 bit mode has physical restriction for size of segments - 64K.
The compiler produces one code segment and 0 or more data segments
per every source module. I.e., it puts code of all procedures and
routines from the source module to the single code segment. Every
browse requires a lot of code and therefore 6 browses in the same
source would overflow code segment.

You need re-arrange your procedure and move parts of code to
separate functions declared in other source modules.

Alexey Solovjev

Wed, 17 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

Hi All,

Compiling 16-bit(2.003) I get the error
"Group or Segclass exceeds 64K"

I think its becaue I have too many Std Clarion browses on an update
form, but I dont get a Dynamic pool error, go figure

Do Power Browses work with Internet connect?

Any ideas

C ya

Mon, 22 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

Quote:

>Do Power Browses work with Internet connect?

Not at this time at least because the compiler used
is a hybrid and therefore you can't use any DLL's
that were compiled for 2.003

Michael Gould
TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division
Team TopSpeed - Internet

Mon, 22 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

2. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

3. Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K ?

4. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

5. Link error - Group or Segclass exceeds 64k

6. Group or Segclass exceeds 64k

7. CW2001.01 REPOST - Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

8. Any tips on 'Group or Segclass exceeds 64K' error under 16 bit build?

9. CW2001.01 HELP! "Link Error: Group or SegClass exceeds 64K"

10. SegClass exceeds 64K?

11. Group or Segclass exceeds 64 K

12. More info about error: group or segclass exceeds 64 K