Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input
Author Message
 Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input

We have a user who is having a problem with a CW 2.003 application.  She
can enter some characters in an entry field, but when she tabs off of
that field, the input doesn't make it to the program.  If you do a STOP
on that variable, there is nothing in it.  We have some other users that
have NT that don't have this problem.  Any suggestions?

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input
Matt, three things...
1) If the apps not 32 bit, try recompiling it to 32 bit.
2) Double check the video card there using. Make sure its NT certified.
3) Make sure they have the latest video drivers for there card.

This ones been posted here before, and my memory tells me its been
solved before by getting updated video drivers/compatable video card.

HTH!

Quote:

> We have a user who is having a problem with a CW 2.003 application.  She
> can enter some characters in an entry field, but when she tabs off of
> that field, the input doesn't make it to the program.  If you do a STOP
> on that variable, there is nothing in it.  We have some other users that
> have NT that don't have this problem.  Any suggestions?

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input
As I remember, this has to do with the Intellimouse driver + CW. Try
removing the Intellimouse driver.

Regards, Jim

==========================

Quote:

>We have a user who is having a problem with a CW 2.003 application.  She
>can enter some characters in an entry field, but when she tabs off of
>that field, the input doesn't make it to the program.  If you do a STOP
>on that variable, there is nothing in it.  We have some other users that
>have NT that don't have this problem.  Any suggestions?

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input
Quote:

> CW 2.003 application.

Known bug in 2.003. Only solution that works is to upgrade to C4 or
higher. The bug was related to some mouse drivers, intellipoint as I
recall so changing mouse types may help.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input

Subject: Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input

We have a user who is having a problem with a CW 2.003 application.  She
can enter some characters in an entry field, but when she tabs off of
that field, the input doesn't make it to the program.  If you do a STOP
on that variable, there is nothing in it.  We have some other users that
have NT that don't have this problem.  Any suggestions?

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input
Not other that what I said in my last message - change mouse drivers or
upgrade to C4 or C5.  There are other cursor bugs too in 2.003 32 bit
where cursors disappear.  There was a trial 2.004 build at one time but
I released a program with it and still had trouble with disappearing
cursors.  I'd strongly suggest C5.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input
This is a problem with 32-bit 2.003. Not sure if the 2.004 run-time is
publicly available, but this will fix it.

Quote:
>We have a user who is having a problem with a CW 2.003 application.  She
>can enter some characters in an entry field, but when she tabs off of
>that field, the input doesn't make it to the program.  If you do a STOP
>on that variable, there is nothing in it.  We have some other users that
>have NT that don't have this problem.  Any suggestions?

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed(CW)(Compuserve)]
Developers of "In Back" Backup Software
J & S Software Co.  http://www.jssoftware.com
(CIS: 73501,1323)

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question: Windows keyboard input/output buffer handler

2. Keyboard input for Allegro Common Windows

3. PopUp Windows and keyboard input

4. Windows NT keyboard layout

5. Q: MIT Scheme + Windows NT 4.0 + German Keyboard

6. Compilers Windows NT or Cross Compiler SunSolaris2.5/Windows NT Fortran77

7. ANNOUNCE: Helga - ODBC,CGI,Tcl,Windows NT,Windows 95,MS Windows

8. Input devices other than mouse or keyboard

9. Keyboard Input during awk script

10. VAST: Keyboard Input capture

11. Getting input from the keyboard.

12. Getting input from keyboard