Decompilers?
Author Message
 Decompilers?

Hi everyone,

How safe is a Clarion program from being decompiled?  I know there are
decompilers out there for other programming languages -- are there any for
Clarion programs?  I'd hate to see my programming efforts abused.  Is this
of concern to any of you?

[L]

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 04:17:05 GMT
 Decompilers?
Hi Leroy,

Quote:
> How safe is a Clarion program from being decompiled?  I know there are
> decompilers out there for other programming languages -- are there any for
> Clarion programs?  I'd hate to see my programming efforts abused.  Is this
> of concern to any of you?

About as safe as any other EXE but decompilers only go so far, they do not rewrite the code per say. In this community I don't
think you have anything to worry about. In the wider world, I guess it depends on how badly someone would want to steal your
code. You would have to have some really serious and {*filter*} competition or a gold mine for anyone to pick on your app. The risk
is negligable.

Regards

Andy.
[Plugware Solutions.com Ltd]
[Tel : +44 1249 813335]
[Fax : +44 1249 813462]

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 04:16:06 GMT
 Decompilers?
I agree..

Unless the person with the decompiler is prepared to spend months going
through hundred of thousands of lined of assembly code for even a smallish
application and is going to make just a few hundred bucks for his effort.

<VBG>

Ben

Quote:
> Hi Leroy,

> > How safe is a Clarion program from being decompiled?  I know there are
> > decompilers out there for other programming languages -- are there any
for
> > Clarion programs?  I'd hate to see my programming efforts abused.  Is
this
> > of concern to any of you?

> About as safe as any other EXE but decompilers only go so far, they do not

rewrite the code per say. In this community I don't
Quote:
> think you have anything to worry about. In the wider world, I guess it

depends on how badly someone would want to steal your
Quote:
> code. You would have to have some really serious and {*filter*} competition or

a gold mine for anyone to pick on your app. The risk
Quote:
> is negligable.

> Regards

> Andy.
> [Plugware Solutions.com Ltd]
> [Tel : +44 1249 813335]
> [Fax : +44 1249 813462]

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:32:22 GMT
 Decompilers?
Good to know.  Thanks for the info guys.

[L]

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:24:37 GMT

1. decompiler

2. decompiler