Browse Question / Report question
Author Message
 Browse Question / Report question

This is a repost, since I did not receive any replies.  So, here ti
goes again.

I have a file schema where tow children files are set as many to one
to the parent.  In the file definition, I have set all three files as
defined to be used in the view (this is necessary due to some
filtering requirements).  However, the browse is showing multiple
entries for the parent record.  Can his be avoided in any way?

Now, on to the report question.  Unlike CPD 2.109, it appears that the
reporting engine handles a lot of things transparently (such as page
headers/footers).  Is there any way of knowing when a new page is
being started?  This is required due to the fact that I would like the
report header to have a field which is blank on the first page yet
shows the string "Continued" in all subsequent pages.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

---------------------------------------
Benjamin Krajmalnik - illumen Systems

Phone:  +972-4-8702184
FAX:    +972-4-9967018
Cellular: +972-52-619353

Wed, 10 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Browse Question / Report question

Quote:

>This is a repost, since I did not receive any replies.  So, here ti
>goes again.
>I have a file schema where tow children files are set as many to one
>to the parent.  In the file definition, I have set all three files as
>defined to be used in the view (this is necessary due to some
>filtering requirements).  However, the browse is showing multiple
>entries for the parent record.  Can his be avoided in any way?

I guess the following would work:

In the ValidateRecord:filtering you filter out parent records where
one parent record has already passed the filter, e.g.

After any other filtering:

if PAR:ID = LastParentAdded
   exit                 !Already added this parent ID
else
   LastParentAdded = PAR:ID  !Keep a note of the last one let through
end
----------------------
Jon Waterhouse
Andy Rowe Consultants,
St. John's NF

Fri, 12 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Two simple browse to report questions

2. Report Template from Browse that provides a Report with Word and Excel output

3. Questions-Questions-Questions-Answers-Answers

4. Question(Questions, questions...)

5. Browse Box Question

6. Browse Box Question

7. Multi-tabbed browse question