DISPLAY - Why it caused GPF?
Author Message
 DISPLAY - Why it caused GPF?

Hi there,

I have an application written in Clarion (Legacy) Template with C5508.

At After Opening Window within the embeds, I had insert within with embed
codes a DISPLAY command at the Update Form.

Running under WINDOWS NT and WINDOWS 98, with less memory (approx. 32 Mb -
64 Mb).  The customer pressed DELETE button and ENTER key continuously to
delete all the records from a browse.  After 100 - 200 records of deletion,
the browse GPFed and application crashed.

But... if I were to remove the DISPLAY command within the embeds, deleting
1000 - 4000 records will not even cause any GPFs.

I had repeated the testing by inserting the DISPLAY into the embeds, and the
devil came back again.

Just a gentle question.... does DISPLAY cause any memory leaks??  Any other
command to use instead of DISPLAY, or any command to free up the memory
eaten by DISPLAY?

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:00:37 GMT
 DISPLAY - Why it caused GPF?
It sounds like a thread problem, because I used to have this problem
after deleting some records. Fixed with Harley Jones message function
replacement. (http://www.par2.com)
Hope this helps.
Regards,

Mauricio

On Mon, 5 May 2003 12:00:37 +0800, "Kelvin Chua"

Quote:

>Hi there,

>I have an application written in Clarion (Legacy) Template with C5508.

>At After Opening Window within the embeds, I had insert within with embed
>codes a DISPLAY command at the Update Form.

>Running under WINDOWS NT and WINDOWS 98, with less memory (approx. 32 Mb -
>64 Mb).  The customer pressed DELETE button and ENTER key continuously to
>delete all the records from a browse.  After 100 - 200 records of deletion,
>the browse GPFed and application crashed.

>But... if I were to remove the DISPLAY command within the embeds, deleting
>1000 - 4000 records will not even cause any GPFs.

>I had repeated the testing by inserting the DISPLAY into the embeds, and the
>devil came back again.

>Just a gentle question.... does DISPLAY cause any memory leaks??  Any other
>command to use instead of DISPLAY, or any command to free up the memory
>eaten by DISPLAY?

>Thanks.

>Kelvin Chua
>SINGAPORE

Mauricio Nicastro
B.L.D.
Rosario, Argentina
www.bld.com.ar

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:32:39 GMT
 DISPLAY - Why it caused GPF?
Hi Mauricio,

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> It sounds like a thread problem, because I used to have this problem
> after deleting some records. Fixed with Harley Jones message function
> replacement. (http://www.par2.com)
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,

> Mauricio

> On Mon, 5 May 2003 12:00:37 +0800, "Kelvin Chua"

> >Hi there,

> >I have an application written in Clarion (Legacy) Template with C5508.

> >At After Opening Window within the embeds, I had insert within with embed
> >codes a DISPLAY command at the Update Form.

> >Running under WINDOWS NT and WINDOWS 98, with less memory (approx. 32
Mb -
> >64 Mb).  The customer pressed DELETE button and ENTER key continuously to
> >delete all the records from a browse.  After 100 - 200 records of
deletion,
> >the browse GPFed and application crashed.

> >But... if I were to remove the DISPLAY command within the embeds,
deleting
> >1000 - 4000 records will not even cause any GPFs.

> >I had repeated the testing by inserting the DISPLAY into the embeds, and
the
> >devil came back again.

> >Just a gentle question.... does DISPLAY cause any memory leaks??  Any
other
> >command to use instead of DISPLAY, or any command to free up the memory
> >eaten by DISPLAY?

> >Thanks.

> >Kelvin Chua
> >SINGAPORE

> Mauricio Nicastro
> B.L.D.
> Rosario, Argentina
> www.bld.com.ar

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:48:39 GMT

1. Why does CFD 3.x F1 Help cause GPF

2. GPF GPF GPF GPF in 32bit C4b Application

3. Destroying menu item cause GPF

4. Single quote in data causing gpf?

5. adding MARK to combo control causes gpf

6. Convert button in Dictionary causes GPF

7. CLOSE causes GPF

8. Divide by zero caused GPF in CW2002

9. OPEN(BASIC-file) causes GPF in 2003 !!!

10. Prop:SQL Cause GPF in C55

11. PEEK Causing GPF

12. Clipper 5.3b/Win2000 mouse causes GPF.