File Drop Combo with ODBC file
Author Message
 File Drop Combo with ODBC file

I have a File Drop Combo control in my app that I'm using to read two
fields from a file accessed through ODBC. The first field, which I
want the user to choose from is the company name, 2nd field is an id
number. When I choose the company name at run time, it fills the entry
part of the combo box with both fields just as I want. However, when I
try to assign the id number to a variable in code, it always assigns
the id number of the first record in the file no matter what I choose.
I have added both fields to the list box associated with the control,
and I can see it in the drop down.
How do I make the pointer stay on the chosen record?
        This is accessing a Maximizer file through ODBC which I guess
uses some version of Btrieve for the database. Has anyone had any
quirky results using a file drop combo with ODBC?

TIA

John Norman

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:29:52 GMT

1. Drop combo related to another drop combo

2. Drop Combo dependent on another drop combo

3. File Drop Combo Filter Problems

4. Remove duplicates entries not working on file drop combo box

5. Select from File Drop Combo Box ?

6. File Drop Combo

7. Incremental locator searching in file drop combo in EIP

8. File Drop Combo - C5EE A

9. Show Related Files In A Drop Down Combo (C5EEB)

10. File Drop Combo not removing duplicates

11. File Drop Combo Removal

12. C5 - File Drop Combo - Range problem