Obtaining a list of Clarion Reserved Words
Author Message
 Obtaining a list of Clarion Reserved Words

Greetings,

I am involved in the lexical analysis of clarion
source code.  What I am attempting to do would
be greatly simplified if I had a list of all the
reserved words and standard procedure and function
calls in the language.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks
John Baker

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining a list of Clarion Reserved Words
Heavenes John - Use the ***strings.exe*** command (from Unix/MKS/Linux) or
something similar on the C4*.DLL's (or C5*.DLL's). When the strings show up
on the console it will become very obvious which are the appropiate DLL's.
You can then choose those DLL's and redirect the output to a file.
Hope That Helps...
Roberto Artigas Jr

Quote:
> Greetings,

> I am involved in the lexical analysis of clarion
> source code.  What I am attempting to do would
> be greatly simplified if I had a list of all the
> reserved words and standard procedure and function
> calls in the language.

> Any pointers will be appreciated.

> Thanks
> John Baker

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining a list of Clarion Reserved Words
Hi John,

Check out a file called BuiltIns.Clw which is in your \ClarionX\Libsrc
directory. The list is not complete - but it's a good start.

Also not sure what you're doing - but do you need the exported funtion
names to common 3rd party DLLs ?

Cheers
Bruce
CapeSoft

Quote:
> Greetings,

> I am involved in the lexical analysis of clarion
> source code.  What I am attempting to do would
> be greatly simplified if I had a list of all the
> reserved words and standard procedure and function
> calls in the language.

> Any pointers will be appreciated.

> Thanks
> John Baker

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining a list of Clarion Reserved Words
Thanks for your answers.

Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining a list of Clarion Reserved Words
Use a word processor or text editor to cut the table of contents from the
.PDF version of the Language Reference (and maybe the Application
Handbook).

Quote:
> Greetings,

> I am involved in the lexical analysis of clarion
> source code.  What I am attempting to do would
> be greatly simplified if I had a list of all the
> reserved words and standard procedure and function
> calls in the language.

> Any pointers will be appreciated.

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining a list of Clarion Reserved Words
In the online help (at least in Enterprise Ed.) search for "Reserved
Words" in the online help.d

Quote:
>Greetings,

>I am involved in the lexical analysis of clarion
>source code.  What I am attempting to do would
>be greatly simplified if I had a list of all the
>reserved words and standard procedure and function
>calls in the language.

>Any pointers will be appreciated.

>Thanks
>John Baker

---------------------------------------

VP Technology and Development
TS Resources, Inc.  www.tsres.com
215.969.1766 direct/VMS 862.5915 general 862.3370 fax
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. xbase to clarion with reserved word as xbase variable

2. PB 3.5 Reserved Words List?

3. RESERVED WORD LIST

4. Problem with reserved words in column names.

5. Reserved words in JCL

6. Reserved word ?

7. CW4 - Reserved Words

8. Reserved Words (2)