Another CW4 compile problem...
Author Message
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hi All,

Was having trouble compiling one test app, so I tried another.  Didn't
get the same errors, however.

This one is also a very small test app.  I loaded the dictionary and
saved it, then instead of using the Wizard to create an app (like last
time) I compiled the existing app.

The problem this time is that the compiler stops and gives an error
message that it can't find the file CW2CLA32.LIB !??!

If I read the README file correctly, CW4 is suppose to compile existing
apps that DON'T have Embeds, etc.

This app doesn't.

Any ideas???

TIA,

Douglas

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Did you check your WIN.INI file to ensure that it points to your C4
directory?
--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Consulting & Education

[Using MS Internet News 3.0]

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Was having trouble compiling one test app, so I tried another.  Didn't
> get the same errors, however.

> This one is also a very small test app.  I loaded the dictionary and
> saved it, then instead of using the Wizard to create an app (like last
> time) I compiled the existing app.

> The problem this time is that the compiler stops and gives an error
> message that it can't find the file CW2CLA32.LIB !??!

> If I read the README file correctly, CW4 is suppose to compile existing
> apps that DON'T have Embeds, etc.

> This app doesn't.

> Any ideas???

> TIA,

> Douglas

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hi Russell,

Yes, WIN.INI file points to CW4.

The test app in this case is VERY small --  just a log for lottery
numbers. Has only a current numbers and past numbers data files
(Clarion) and Browse and Update forms for both, only a couple of
reports.  That's the reason I always use it to test new releases / beta
versions.

I'll go thru it again to see if there is reference to point to
CW2CLA32.LIB that I missed...

Thanks for the tip.

Douglas

> Did you check your WIN.INI file to ensure that it points to your C4
> directory?
> --
> Russell B. Eggen
> Topspeed Consulting & Education

> [Using MS Internet News 3.0]

....snip
> > The problem this time is that the compiler stops and gives an error
> > message that it can't find the file CW2CLA32.LIB !??!

....snip

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Quote:

> The problem this time is that the compiler stops and gives an error
> message that it can't find the file CW2CLA32.LIB !??!

You shouldn't be linking to this file.  It is the CW2.0 clarion file driver.  Have al
look at your project settings and remove this library from the list.

SuRF Down Under
(TopSpeed R&D)

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hi Douglas,

On Tue, 08 Jul 1997 07:06:43 -0700, "Douglas J. Vaughn"

Quote:

>I'll go thru it again to see if there is reference to point to
>CW2CLA32.LIB that I missed...

Maybe you should check the project settings?  Maybe delete the
references to the driver and then try to compile...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

The other things that you can check is:

1) You path setting (c4 must come first).
2) your .RED file to ensure that it is set up correctly.

Let me know.
--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Consulting & Education

[Using MS Internet News 3.0]

Quote:
> Hi Russell,

> Yes, WIN.INI file points to CW4.

> The test app in this case is VERY small --  just a log for lottery
> numbers. Has only a current numbers and past numbers data files
> (Clarion) and Browse and Update forms for both, only a couple of
> reports.  That's the reason I always use it to test new releases / beta
> versions.

> I'll go thru it again to see if there is reference to point to
> CW2CLA32.LIB that I missed...

> Thanks for the tip.

> Douglas

> > Did you check your WIN.INI file to ensure that it points to your C4
> > directory?
> > --
> > Russell B. Eggen
> > Topspeed Consulting & Education

> > [Using MS Internet News 3.0]

> ....snip
> > > The problem this time is that the compiler stops and gives an error
> > > message that it can't find the file CW2CLA32.LIB !??!

> ....snip

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hi Arnor!

Long time no see!! <g>

I tried your suggestion and deleted the driver.  Strange, the file
driver was Clarion, but the files are Topspeed. So I changed the driver
to Topspeed and recompiled.

Instead of not finding the (wrong?) file as it did before, it gave a
whopping 379 error messages!!  I then changed it back to Clarion, but
now I still get the 379 errors !??!

Maybe I should just delete the project file and start over??

Thanks for the tip anyway!

BFN,

Douglas

> Hi Douglas,

> On Tue, 08 Jul 1997 07:06:43 -0700, "Douglas J. Vaughn"

> >I'll go thru it again to see if there is reference to point to
> >CW2CLA32.LIB that I missed...

> Maybe you should check the project settings?  Maybe delete the
> references to the driver and then try to compile...

> Best regards,

> Arnor Baldvinsson
> Allerup Edb
> Tel: +45 4675 7122
> Fax: +45 4675 7144
> Denmark

> http://www.icetips.com

> Opinions are mine, and mine alone!

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hi Russell,

Thanks for the tips!

Yes, CW4 is first in the path.  (In fact, I have temporarily removed
2.003 from the path before even loading CW4.)

The .RED file seems to be in order (using the installed default), as is
the win.ini file.

My understanding is it should not even be looking for CW2CLA32.LIB file
!??!

Just for giggles, I created a new app from the existing dictionary. It
worked fine, thus eliminating the dictionary as the root of the problem.

I went thru all source code, again, this time using the VERY NEAT right
click then source option! (this thrilled me to no end!)

Double checked globals, etc, still found nothing related to CW2.x.

Are there any Key words that are CW2.x only??? I do have a lot of embeds
for such a short prg...

Thanks again,

Douglas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Quote:

> The other things that you can check is:

> 1) You path setting (c4 must come first).
> 2) your .RED file to ensure that it is set up correctly.

> Let me know.
> --
> Russell B. Eggen
> Topspeed Consulting & Education

> [Using MS Internet News 3.0]

> > Hi Russell,

> > Yes, WIN.INI file points to CW4.

> > The test app in this case is VERY small --  just a log for lottery
> > numbers. Has only a current numbers and past numbers data files
> > (Clarion) and Browse and Update forms for both, only a couple of
> > reports.  That's the reason I always use it to test new releases / beta
> > versions.

> > I'll go thru it again to see if there is reference to point to
> > CW2CLA32.LIB that I missed...

> > Thanks for the tip.

> > Douglas

> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> > > Did you check your WIN.INI file to ensure that it points to your C4
> > > directory?
> > > --
> > > Russell B. Eggen
> > > Topspeed Consulting & Education

> > > [Using MS Internet News 3.0]

> > ....snip

> > ....snip

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Douglas,

I think if you have made it this far, your wories are over <bg>.  One other
thing, just in case, some versions (non-installed, but zips) did not create
the OBJ directory.  If you have it, then fine.

Applications that have no embeds should convert over perfectly.  Those with
embeds, probably not.  Some embeds have been removed and are thus placed in
the "Orphaned Embed".  Using the new embed editor, one can quickly see if
it is still needed or not.

The names of the generated labels have changed.  Some are no longer being
used.  Either way, most likely, a  lot of your code will probably be
rendered obsolete.  At this time, this is still under a bit of change, so
there are no real hard and fast rules on this yet.  The R&D team is working
on a utility that will ease this task for you.  It may be ready by B2, but
don't hold me to it (or I will have a bunch of angry developers on my hands
<vbg>)

Here is one tip that I discovered - if you use the toolbar, this will
generate compile errors under C4.  Simply remove the control template and
then re-add it.  It will now compile.  That was easy! <bg>

The only thing I can say at this time is to experiment and see what
happens.
--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Consulting & Education

[Using MS Internet News 3.0]

Quote:
> Hi Russell,

> Thanks for the tips!

> Yes, CW4 is first in the path.  (In fact, I have temporarily removed
> 2.003 from the path before even loading CW4.)

> The .RED file seems to be in order (using the installed default), as is
> the win.ini file.

> My understanding is it should not even be looking for CW2CLA32.LIB file
> !??!

> Just for giggles, I created a new app from the existing dictionary. It
> worked fine, thus eliminating the dictionary as the root of the problem.

> I went thru all source code, again, this time using the VERY NEAT right
> click then source option! (this thrilled me to no end!)

> Double checked globals, etc, still found nothing related to CW2.x.

> Are there any Key words that are CW2.x only??? I do have a lot of embeds
> for such a short prg...

> Thanks again,

> Douglas

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

I think that file is missing from the CD - if you set compile to 'Local' (or vice versa)
iy compiles fine.

Quote:
>Hi Russell,

>Yes, WIN.INI file points to CW4.

>The test app in this case is VERY small --  just a log for lottery
>numbers. Has only a current numbers and past numbers data files
>(Clarion) and Browse and Update forms for both, only a couple of
>reports.  That's the reason I always use it to test new releases / beta
>versions.

>I'll go thru it again to see if there is reference to point to
>CW2CLA32.LIB that I missed...

>Thanks for the tip.

>Douglas

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>> Did you check your WIN.INI file to ensure that it points to your C4
>> directory?
>> --
>> Russell B. Eggen
>> Topspeed Consulting & Education

>> [Using MS Internet News 3.0]

>....snip
>> > The problem this time is that the compiler stops and gives an error
>> > message that it can't find the file CW2CLA32.LIB !??!

>....snip

Geoff Bomford
ComForMark
Computer services For Marketing
Sydney,  Australia

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hello!

Quote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:48:25 GMT
>I think that file is missing from the CD - if you set compile to 'Local'
>(or vice versa) iy compiles fine.
>>I'll go thru it again to see if there is reference to point to
>>CW2CLA32.LIB that I missed...

CW2CLA32.LIB is from CW 2.0 not from C4 where file naming convention has
been changed. It seems, problematic app originally was created in 2.0 or
it uses some 3rd-party templates which are not compatible with C4 naming
convention.

Alexey Solovjev

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hello!

Quote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:48:25 GMT
>I think that file is missing from the CD - if you set compile to 'Local'
>(or vice versa) iy compiles fine.
>>I'll go thru it again to see if there is reference to point to
>>CW2CLA32.LIB that I missed...

CW2CLA32.LIB is from CW 2.0 not from C4 where file naming convention has
been changed. It seems, problematic app originally was created in 2.0 or
it uses some 3rd-party templates which are not compatible with C4 naming
convention.

Alexey Solovjev

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Quote:

> I then changed it back to Clarion, but
> now I still get the 379 errors !??!

And the errors are?

SuRF Down Under
(TopSpeed R&D)

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the Tip!!  It worked...kindof...

I compiled Local per your suggestion but the problem was still there.
So I switched back to Exe + Dll, and mysteriously the problem vanished
!??!

I didn't do any thing else!!

Thanks!

Douglas

> I think that file is missing from the CD - if you set compile to 'Local' (or vice versa)
> iy compiles fine.

....snip...snip...

Tue, 28 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Another CW4 compile problem...

Hi Scott!

No, the errors are gone now.

Geoff Bomford suggested to compile "Locale" but the problem was still
there after doing so.  I then switched back to Exe + DLL, and
mysteriously the problem vanished !??!

Kind of like an appliance that is stuck, then works after a swift kick !
<bg>

Thanks!

Douglas

> > I then changed it back to Clarion, but
> > now I still get the 379 errors !??!

> And the errors are?

> SuRF Down Under
> (TopSpeed R&D)

Tue, 28 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. External Dll's not compiled with Clarion in CW4

2. GPF in CW4 compile - HELP

3. CW4- "General Protection Fault" at compile

4. CW4 Beta - Problems

5. Graphics Problem In CW4

6. CW2 to CW4 Conversion - Speed problem

7. CW4 App Problem with AMD-K6 300MHz?

8. Newbie problem with Scalable SQL & CW4

9. List with single long string problem - CW4

10. Speed Problem with Clarion Dat files in Cw4?

11. CW4 Problem