ABC Templates @#$%^&*&&*&*!!!!!!
Author Message
 ABC Templates @#$%^&*&&*&*!!!!!!

Does anyone know of a complete conversion chart from the good old easy to

For Example

Do ProcedureReturn = Return(Level:Fatal)
Halt()        = ????What

Etc.

It took me over an hour to figure out how to do a "Do ProcedureReturn"

If Topspeed redesigns again, I am out of here. I cannot afford to keep
relearning the same old thing!

Thanks,

Tim Frost

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Templates @#$%^&*&&*&*!!!!!!
Actually, there isn't a simple 1:1 relationship between the old and
the new.  For example, "DO Procedure" return can sometimes be achieved
with "RETURN(Level:Fatal)", but not always.  It depends on where
you're doing it.  If the method that you're in is deep within calling
tree, it won't get you out of the general procedure.  In some cases,
POST(EVENT:CloseWindow) will do it.  I really depends on your
situation.

As far as HALT goes, it's still HALT <g>.  Catch you later!

-=> Mike Hanson <=-
www.BoxsoftDevelopment.com

Quote:
>Does anyone know of a complete conversion chart from the good old easy to

>For Example

>Do ProcedureReturn = Return(Level:Fatal)
>Halt()        = ????What

>Etc.

>It took me over an hour to figure out how to do a "Do ProcedureReturn"

>If Topspeed redesigns again, I am out of here. I cannot afford to keep
>relearning the same old thing!

>Thanks,

>Tim Frost

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Templates @#$%^&*&&*&*!!!!!!
Check out TPLINFO.  I think it's just what you want.  Email for info

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:33:46 -0500, "Tim R. Frost"

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a complete conversion chart from the good old easy to

>For Example

>Do ProcedureReturn = Return(Level:Fatal)
>Halt()        = ????What

>Etc.

>It took me over an hour to figure out how to do a "Do ProcedureReturn"

>If Topspeed redesigns again, I am out of here. I cannot afford to keep
>relearning the same old thing!

>Thanks,

>Tim Frost

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cybersex--(*&$%*&(*&^% C programmers

2. ABC&Clarion templates

3. C4B5 ABC Templates & Settarget

4. Problem in Form template CW2003 & C4B5 ABC

5. ABC Code not working (C5EE & ABC)

6. hpux && snapshot && ./configure

7. TCL2C && MS VC++ && TCL8.0.3plus

8. CW55PE & MySQL & MyODBC & Legacy Templates

9. Translating &amp;

11. I am frustrated (*%^&^*&##

12. DataFlex & Q&A Conversion to Topspeed