Sticking Toolbar Button 
Author Message
 Sticking Toolbar Button

C5PE, I have added some buttons to a toolbar, in addition to the buttons
that drive the browse functions like TOF,EOF, Insert, Change etc.  and I
always get one of my buttons that one function.

You can click on it and it stays depressed :-( and won't call the procedure.
There isn't any embeds that can affect it.

Any Ideas?



Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Sticking Toolbar Button
Hi Richard,

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:49:30 -0000, "Richard Rose"

Quote:

>C5PE, I have added some buttons to a toolbar, in addition to the buttons
>that drive the browse functions like TOF,EOF, Insert, Change etc.  and I
>always get one of my buttons that one function.

>You can click on it and it stays depressed :-( and won't call the procedure.
>There isn't any embeds that can affect it.

>Any Ideas?

I've read your message 4 times, and I still can't find the question;)
Sorry, I'm a bit slow today<g>  

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson        
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601



Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Sticking Toolbar Button

Quote:
>>C5PE, I have added some buttons to a toolbar, in addition to the buttons
>>that drive the browse functions like TOF,EOF, Insert, Change etc.  and I
>>always get one of my buttons that won't function.

sorry it should have read "won't function"


Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Sticking Toolbar Button
Hi Richard,

When the button 'sticks' does your application hang? It could be that it IS
calling the procedure and some logic in the procedure has you in an endless
loop.

just a thought ...

Larry Craddock

Quote:

>>>C5PE, I have added some buttons to a toolbar, in addition to the buttons
>>>that drive the browse functions like TOF,EOF, Insert, Change etc.  and I
>>>always get one of my buttons that won't function.

>sorry it should have read "won't function"



Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Sticking Toolbar Button
yeah it does hang, but the same procedure called from a drop down menu works
fine, which is what my customer is having to do at the moment.

Something else I have noticed, is if I replace the button, the next "eldest
button" stops working, and if replace all the buttons, then its back to the
first populated button playing up again.

weird, but I'm sure there is a reason for it!!

Quote:

>Hi Richard,

>When the button 'sticks' does your application hang? It could be that it IS
>calling the procedure and some logic in the procedure has you in an endless
>loop.

>just a thought ...

>Larry Craddock


>>>>C5PE, I have added some buttons to a toolbar, in addition to the buttons
>>>>that drive the browse functions like TOF,EOF, Insert, Change etc.  and I
>>>>always get one of my buttons that won't function.

>>sorry it should have read "won't function"



Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Sticking Toolbar Button
Hi Richard,

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:47:07 -0000, "Richard Rose"

Quote:

>yeah it does hang, but the same procedure called from a drop down menu works
>fine, which is what my customer is having to do at the moment.

>Something else I have noticed, is if I replace the button, the next "eldest
>button" stops working, and if replace all the buttons, then its back to the
>first populated button playing up again.

I've been trying to duplicate this, but so far it works as expected.
Are you using Clarion or ABC templates (you can see that in the
"Application|Properties - Application Template").  What kind of
procedure are you calling (Browse, report, window etc.)  

Could you perhaps copy the appframe window source (from the [...]
button next to the [Window] button on the procedure properties
window), save it to a file and send it to me and I could perhaps have
a look at it.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson        
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601



Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Sticking Toolbar Button
Well, what a silly thing it was.

It turns out that C5 doesn't like having one of its Toolbar control buttons
deleted (the buttons that drive updates and browse box controls).

After removing all of them and then putting the extension back with ALL the
buttons, my problems just disappeared. :-)

and my customer is now happy.

Quote:

>Hi Richard,

>On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:47:07 -0000, "Richard Rose"

>>yeah it does hang, but the same procedure called from a drop down menu
works
>>fine, which is what my customer is having to do at the moment.

>>Something else I have noticed, is if I replace the button, the next
"eldest
>>button" stops working, and if replace all the buttons, then its back to
the
>>first populated button playing up again.

>I've been trying to duplicate this, but so far it works as expected.
>Are you using Clarion or ABC templates (you can see that in the
>"Application|Properties - Application Template").  What kind of
>procedure are you calling (Browse, report, window etc.)

>Could you perhaps copy the appframe window source (from the [...]
>button next to the [Window] button on the procedure properties
>window), save it to a file and send it to me and I could perhaps have
>a look at it.

>Best regards,

>Arnor Baldvinsson
>[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
>Allerup Edb
>Denmark

>Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
>http://www.icetips.com
>UIN nr.: 2428601



Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Sticking Buttons

2. Sticking buttons.

3. button gets stuck "down"

4. My buttons get stuck down

5. ToolBar Button, bitmap images

6. Toolbar buttons

7. Toolbar button background color

8. Disabling Toolbar Buttons

9. Toolbar button enabling

10. adding buttons to toolbar of IE

11. How to handle the toolbar button click event ?

12. Enable Disable Toolbar Button

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software