Need help with .OCX file type, school project!
Author Message
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!

Hi i hope all of you are having a great weekend =)
I am doing a school project with Clarion 5b. I need to implement a
ActiveX
.OCX file into a simple application. The ocx file is at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jpjones/tech/fuze.htm and the page gives a great
example etc but for VB. I am young and relitvely new but have some basic
expeirence with Clarion. I have not been able to locate any useful
information about this matter in the Clarion Documentations. If someone
could please help me or give me information about using this OCX in my
program for school i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much,
Peter N

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!
Quote:

> I am doing a school project with Clarion 5b. I need to implement a
> ActiveX
> ..OCX file into a simple application. The ocx file is at
> http://users.ntplx.net/~jpjones/tech/fuze.htm and the page gives a great
> example etc but for VB. I am young and relitvely new but have some basic
> expeirence with Clarion. I have not been able to locate any useful
> information about this matter in the Clarion Documentations. If someone
> could please help me or give me information about using this OCX in my
> program for school i would greatly appreciate it.

I looked at this and then the documentation for the X-10.

Here is the VB example:

'Open communications with Firecracker on COM1
If Not(FuseControl1.Initialize(1)) Then
MsgBox "Communications Failed"
Exit Sub
End If

'Turn J1 ON
Call FuseControl1.SendCommand("ON", "J", 1)

He left a little out. You first have to create the "FuseControl1" control.

I assume that you have already run setup to install the FUzE control.

Here's what I did to test it:

1. Create a new application, and use Project | Properties to make it
32-bit.

2. Create a new Window using the Window template. Populate a CloseButton
template on it.

3. Populate an OLE control on the Window, but not using the ABC Class,
just the control!

4. Right-click on the control and select Properties.  Change the USE to
?FuzeControl, check the 32-bit checkbox. Under Control Type select OCX,
and then find "FUzE.FUzEControl" in the drop box.

That has set you up to do a number of interesting things!

When you want to use commands:

Do this in the ThisWindow.Init() AFTER the Window is opened:

IF NOT ?FuzeControl{'Initialize(1)'} THEN
  MESSAGE('Cannot initialize FUzE','FUzE Error')
  RETURN Level:Fatal ! Don't go any further!
END

In ThisWindow.Kill BEFORE closing the Window:

?FuzeControl{'Terminate'}

Set up a Send button to send a command, and put this in the Before
Generated Code for the button:

?FuzeControl{'SendCommand("J",1,"ON")'}

Create some entry controls on the screen to enter data for the Send
Command first:

HouseCode STRING(1)
Unit     SHORT
Action    CSTRING(7)

Then, change the Send button embed:

?FuzeControl{'SendCommand("'&HouseCode&'",'&Unit&',"'&Action&'")'}

(The Data Ferret thinks this is a NEAT Ferret-Toy, maybe he'll get one to
play with himself!)

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS,
BlackICE ClearICE NeoTrace links
Using Virtual Access 5.01 build 301 in Win98
CPD 2.1 CDD 3.x C5WE L&L LSP SecWin
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA CM2 CSS AppMan
JANUS/Ada 83 95 Fort Cach
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!
Additional info:

I found out that when I went to http://www.x-10.com that as a
first time purchaser I was given the offer to purchase the
Firecracker X-10 system for only $5.90 shipping and handling!

I have a feeling this is gonna be like potato chips!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS,
BlackICE ClearICE NeoTrace links
Using Virtual Access 5.01 build 301 in Win98
CPD 2.1 CDD 3.x C5WE L&L LSP SecWin
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA CM2 CSS AppMan
JANUS/Ada 83 95 Fort Cach
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!
Hi Craig,

On Sun, 14 May 2000 12:52:53 EDT, Craig E Ransom

Quote:

>I found out that when I went to http://www.x-10.com that as a
>first time purchaser I was given the offer to purchase the
>Firecracker X-10 system for only $5.90 shipping and handling!

>I have a feeling this is gonna be like potato chips!

What does this fire cracking chip do?<g>

Best regards,

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!

Quote:
> What does this fire cracking chip do?<g>

It's not a chip, it's a gadget.

Take a look over on the website. That's why I gave the web
address!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS,
BlackICE ClearICE NeoTrace links
Using Virtual Access 5.01 build 301 in Win98
CPD 2.1 CDD 3.x C5WE L&L LSP SecWin
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA CM2 CSS AppMan
JANUS/Ada 83 95 Fort Cach
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!
Hi Craig,

On Mon, 15 May 2000 05:45:21 EDT, Craig E Ransom

Quote:

>> What does this fire cracking chip do?<g>

>It's not a chip, it's a gadget.

>Take a look over on the website. That's why I gave the web
>address!

No info there.

Best regards,

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!

Quote:
> No info there.

Sure there is!

Try: http://www.x10.com/welcome/firecracker/

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS,
BlackICE ClearICE NeoTrace links
Using Virtual Access 5.01 build 301 in Win98
CPD 2.1 CDD 3.x C5WE L&L LSP SecWin
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA CM2 CSS AppMan
JANUS/Ada 83 95 Fort Cach
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!
Hi Craig,

Quote:

>> No info there.

>Sure there is!

>Try: http://www.x10.com/welcome/firecracker/

That's not the url you gave.  There is no info at http://www.x10.com
and all the links go to nowhereland.  When I open it, it takes me to:

http://www.x10.com/home/offer.cgi?!TT5,../techtoys5.htm

The ScanCam link takes me to http://ads.x10.com/?bHNjYW5jYW0uY29tLmRhd
which is empty and so on for all the other links.  Are you saying that
this works for you???

Hmm...  I have NIS2000 set up to eliminate all banner ads.  Maybe
that's the culprit...???

Best regards,

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with .OCX file type, school project!

Quote:
> Hmm...  I have NIS2000 set up to eliminate all banner ads.  Maybe
> that's the culprit...???

That's probably the problem. Their whole page is one big collection
of banner ads!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS,
BlackICE ClearICE NeoTrace links
Using Virtual Access 5.01 build 301 in Win98
CPD 2.1 CDD 3.x C5WE L&L LSP SecWin
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA CM2 CSS AppMan
JANUS/Ada 83 95 Fort Cach
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Needed on School Project

2. HELP NEEDED! (file format of OCX)

3. help for school project

4. Help with a school project, (please)...

5. Help with a school project, (please)...

6. need help with school FORTRAN class

7. PLEASE HELP NEED MS FORTRAN 5.1 PROGRAM FOR SCHOOL

8. ACUCOBOL HELP: OCX Registry is Crashed-Please Reinstall OCX

9. Help needed with OLE/OCX...

10. C4: need help on implementing OCX's

11. Help needed for Pathway TCP/IP OCX Control

12. OCX Help Needed!!