Getting field name from Clarion DAT file
Author Message
 Getting field name from Clarion DAT file

I wrote a procedure that exports information from a clarion dos file to a comma
deliminated dos file so it can be imported into a spreadsheet.  The user wants
to be able to see the field names in the file and I can't think how else to do
it other than explicitly writing them out myself.  I was hoping someone from
the newsgroup may have some other ideas.  Thanks in advance

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting field name from Clarion DAT file
Quote:

> I wrote a procedure that exports information from a clarion dos file to a comma
> deliminated dos file so it can be imported into a spreadsheet.  The user wants
> to be able to see the field names in the file and I can't think how else to do
> it other than explicitly writing them out myself.  I was hoping someone from
> the newsgroup may have some other ideas.  Thanks in advance

In C5 look at either prop:name and/or prop:label.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting field name from Clarion DAT file
David, when I write export processes, I always send out a 'Title' line
first. I also talk it over with the people who will be reading in the
data, and I name each field in a way they will understand. This can be
something as simple as replacing FName with First Name. I also always
format my output first, that way I don't get question like "Why is the
date 72137?".

Just my 2 worth!

Quote:

> I wrote a procedure that exports information from a clarion dos file to a comma
> deliminated dos file so it can be imported into a spreadsheet.  The user wants
> to be able to see the field names in the file and I can't think how else to do
> it other than explicitly writing them out myself.  I was hoping someone from
> the newsgroup may have some other ideas.  Thanks in advance

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

2. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

3. Exporting Clarion DAT file to ASCII(Text)File

4. Date conversion from Clarion .dat file date field to ascii txt file field data!

5. Reading field structure from .DAT and key files

6. HELP: Getting data out of .DAT files

7. 'Bug' in a Clarion *.DAT File

8. conversion utility to convert DOS clarion .dat file to .dbf

9. Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII

10. Reading Clarion Dat File ( Btrieve ) through ODBC

11. Conversion of clarion *.dat to *.csv files

12. Format of Clarion DAT files