Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Author Message
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13

Clarion 5.5RC2 & WIN2K

Has anyone come across the above error when making changes to dictionary
ie. add new fields then do a Browse / Convert...

Any solutions ???

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Dictionary file conversion utility has been a disgrace so far , if you
use the File manager from capesoft these problems will be past.

Quote:
>Clarion 5.5RC2 & WIN2K

>Has anyone come across the above error when making changes to dictionary
>ie. add new fields then do a Browse / Convert...

>Any solutions ???

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Clarion 5.5RC2 - is supposed to be going to GOLD soon..

Beta is CLOSED !!!

WOW !!

Quote:

> Dictionary file conversion utility has been a disgrace so far , if you
> use the File manager from capesoft these problems will be past.

> >Clarion 5.5RC2 & WIN2K

> >Has anyone come across the above error when making changes to dictionary
> >ie. add new fields then do a Browse / Convert...

> >Any solutions ???

>    Warm regards

>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Thanks for your answer ....

Using a 3rd party ... is not an acceptable solution...

Quote:

> Dictionary file conversion utility has been a disgrace so far , if you
> use the File manager from capesoft these problems will be past.

> >Clarion 5.5RC2 & WIN2K

> >Has anyone come across the above error when making changes to dictionary
> >ie. add new fields then do a Browse / Convert...

> >Any solutions ???

>    Warm regards

>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13

Quote:
> Thanks for your answer ....

> Using a 3rd party ... is not an acceptable solution...

> > Dictionary file conversion utility has been a disgrace so far , if you
> > use the File manager from capesoft these problems will be past.

Bhartha,

I understand your reluctance for any number of reasons for incorporating
third party solutions, but many have found File Manager 2 by CapeSoft to
be an excellent solution in the long haul. If there is a single product
that DOES pay for itself over time, this has to be in the top three
list. It is well supported, NO upgrade fees so far (this could change),
and very easy to implement.

Product Description - File Manager 2, MFG - CapeSoft
Internet Link - http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/fm2sp.htm

David
--
From Encourager Software - David Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application,
Newsgroup - Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
I guess your best bet would be to handwrite the conversion code
should not take to long but still a hazzle to have to do every time

Quote:
>Thanks for your answer ....

>Using a 3rd party ... is not an acceptable solution...

>> Dictionary file conversion utility has been a disgrace so far , if you
>> use the File manager from capesoft these problems will be past.

>> >Clarion 5.5RC2 & WIN2K

>> >Has anyone come across the above error when making changes to dictionary
>> >ie. add new fields then do a Browse / Convert...

>> >Any solutions ???

>>    Warm regards

>>      Elli

>> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Thanks for your comments.

Belive me the cost of $199 is NOT the problem here - (although I'd rather not
...)

I don't belive this .....

Surely its a farce to suggest :
(1) Get a 3rd party utility
(2) hand code ....

This is part of the IDE - SV should fix it BEFORE going GOLD !!!

Quote:

> I guess your best bet would be to handwrite the conversion code
> should not take to long but still a hazzle to have to do every time

> >Thanks for your answer ....

> >Using a 3rd party ... is not an acceptable solution...

> >> Dictionary file conversion utility has been a disgrace so far , if you
> >> use the File manager from capesoft these problems will be past.

> >>    Warm regards

> >>      Elli

> >> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

>    Warm regards

>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Hi Kelvin,

You mean you haven't had ANY problems using Browse>Convert in C55?  I've lost
track of the problems I've had...  sometimes I ran into a problem converting a
data file to a changed dictionary, restored the backup data files, ran the
conversion again... and it worked!  Other times just couldn't convert existing
data.  Very strange and frustrating behavior.

I agree, there shouldn't be a reason to buy a third party product for this, or
to write a conversion program for every change.  SV really needs to fix this
before C55 goes gold.

[L]

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
I did ... yes, you are right no one has reported this.

3 computers...so far.

Just installing Windows 2000 on a new Notebook at this very moment.... will try
it on that

Quote:

> Hi there,

> If you were to browse through the old postings and realized that your
> problem is not encountered by others, then it may be your problem and not
> SV's problem.  So,  please give more details or may be let us have your
> source and we can test it out at our computers.

> If there are many people facing the same problem, then it ought to be fixed.

> Thanks.

> Kelvin Chua
> SINGAPORE
> 12:40am 04/10/2000

> > Thanks for your comments.

> > Belive me the cost of $199 is NOT the problem here - (although I'd rather
> not
> > ...)

> > I don't belive this .....

> > Surely its a farce to suggest :
> > (1) Get a 3rd party utility
> > (2) hand code ....

> > This is part of the IDE - SV should fix it BEFORE going GOLD !!!

> > > I guess your best bet would be to handwrite the conversion code
> > > should not take to long but still a hazzle to have to do every time

> you

> dictionary

> > >    Warm regards

> > >      Elli

> > > CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
It has been posted in topspeed.beta.c55. Here is a repost:

Quote:

> > When I try to browse databases in the data dictionary (C55 PE CR2,
Topspeed
> > files) I get "Error[513]: Internal error 13"

> in your c5??.ini file in \bin some of the paths are wrong. Just correct
them
> and restart clarion.
> ----------------------------------
> Jim Kane
> Team TopSpeed
> Cant find the message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps
> www.fkeeps.com

Steffen

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
I have to agree this. I haven't try to find solution yet, but i have
similar error with CW5pe.
I run one copy of my CW with my desktop and another with
my laptop. Desktop is installed from the original CD but laptop
is 'installed' from burned CD of desktop CW directory + apps

Well, I get this error 513 with laptop every time I try to use
dictionary convert.
Maybe this is because I don't have all the ini file and other settings
set by CW installation?
This is been quite small annoyance since I can handle convert with
desktop.

Rgds,
Ville

Quote:
> Clarion 5.5RC2 & WIN2K

> Has anyone come across the above error when making changes to dictionary
> ie. add new fields then do a Browse / Convert...

> Any solutions ???

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Hi there,

If you were to browse through the old postings and realized that your
problem is not encountered by others, then it may be your problem and not
SV's problem.  So,  please give more details or may be let us have your
source and we can test it out at our computers.

If there are many people facing the same problem, then it ought to be fixed.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE
12:40am 04/10/2000

Quote:
> Thanks for your comments.

> Belive me the cost of $199 is NOT the problem here - (although I'd rather
not
> ...)

> I don't belive this .....

> Surely its a farce to suggest :
> (1) Get a 3rd party utility
> (2) hand code ....

> This is part of the IDE - SV should fix it BEFORE going GOLD !!!

> > I guess your best bet would be to handwrite the conversion code
> > should not take to long but still a hazzle to have to do every time

> > >Thanks for your answer ....

> > >Using a 3rd party ... is not an acceptable solution...

> >    Warm regards

> >      Elli

> > CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:41:14 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Hi Leroy,

Yes, there is problem on the data conversion, it always has the 'OVERED
fields', which I believe is one of the big bug.

What I did was I export the entire dictionary to TXD.  Then I invoke my old
version of my Clarion (Earlier than 5.5), created a new data dictionary and
imported the TXD into it.  After that I converted all the data accordingly.
For this, I simply cannot wait for them to give me the Service Pack, but
then I will be roasted by my customers <G>.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE
6:23pm 04/10/2000

Quote:
> Hi Kelvin,

> You mean you haven't had ANY problems using Browse>Convert in C55?  I've
lost
> track of the problems I've had...  sometimes I ran into a problem
converting a
> data file to a changed dictionary, restored the backup data files, ran the
> conversion again... and it worked!  Other times just couldn't convert
existing
> data.  Very strange and frustrating behavior.

> I agree, there shouldn't be a reason to buy a third party product for
this, or
> to write a conversion program for every change.  SV really needs to fix
this
> before C55 goes gold.

> [L]

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 06:23:53 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Please give a break to SV ...
Dont forget that Clarion come from TopSpeed...

You know what i mean

 W/S

Quote:
>Clarion 5.5RC2 - is supposed to be going to GOLD soon..

>Beta is CLOSED !!!

>WOW !!

>> Dictionary file conversion utility has been a disgrace so far , if you
>> use the File manager from capesoft these problems will be past.

>> >Clarion 5.5RC2 & WIN2K

>> >Has anyone come across the above error when making changes to dictionary
>> >ie. add new fields then do a Browse / Convert...

>> >Any solutions ???

>>    Warm regards

>>      Elli

>> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:09:15 GMT
 Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13
Hi WinSpirit,

It is the good spirit, in fact I had tried my best to give in where ever
possible, cause if SoftVelocity do not take over from Topspeed, most
probably I may have to write in Delphi <G>.... just cannot imagine....

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE
3:37pm 04/10/2000

Quote:
> Please give a break to SV ...
> Dont forget that Clarion come from TopSpeed...

> You know what i mean

>  W/S

> >Clarion 5.5RC2 - is supposed to be going to GOLD soon..

> >Beta is CLOSED !!!

> >WOW !!

> >> Dictionary file conversion utility has been a disgrace so far , if you
> >> use the File manager from capesoft these problems will be past.

> >>    Warm regards

> >>      Elli

> >> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT