Financial Library Help??
Author Message
 Financial Library Help??

Hi all,

        Want to learn a little more about the financial function library
in CW. Go to the help and I get an error message for all functions.
Example:  Type in "APR" in the locator, display topics, go to and
I get a message "Can not open help file"   Is there a separate file for
these libraries? Is my help file corrupted?  I get the same message
for all of the functions. What up??

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:22:24 GMT
 Financial Library Help??
The Business Math Library help file is in C55bml.hlp, which you probably
have. Unfortunately the link in the C55help.hlp for APR tries to open
c5bml.hlp. So if you copy c55bml.hlp to c5bml.hlp, the link will work. There
are many other links in c55help.hlp to c5*.hlp instead of c55*.hlp.
Hopefully they can be successfully changed to c56*.hlp in C5.6.

Quote:
> Hi all,

>         Want to learn a little more about the financial function library
> in CW. Go to the help and I get an error message for all functions.
> Example:  Type in "APR" in the locator, display topics, go to and
> I get a message "Can not open help file"   Is there a separate file for
> these libraries? Is my help file corrupted?  I get the same message
> for all of the functions. What up??

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 04:26:41 GMT
 Financial Library Help??
Hi Bob,

                You are correct.  How do you figure out this stuff!!
C55bml.hlp copied to c5bml.hlp and the link now works. Bad
news is the help only lists the functions. I does not go into any
detail as to how to use them.  Oh well, I will take a look at the
examples.  Thanks for your help.

Quote:
> The Business Math Library help file is in C55bml.hlp, which you probably
> have. Unfortunately the link in the C55help.hlp for APR tries to open
> c5bml.hlp. So if you copy c55bml.hlp to c5bml.hlp, the link will work.
There
> are many other links in c55help.hlp to c5*.hlp instead of c55*.hlp.
> Hopefully they can be successfully changed to c56*.hlp in C5.6.

> > Hi all,

> >         Want to learn a little more about the financial function library
> > in CW. Go to the help and I get an error message for all functions.
> > Example:  Type in "APR" in the locator, display topics, go to and
> > I get a message "Can not open help file"   Is there a separate file for
> > these libraries? Is my help file corrupted?  I get the same message
> > for all of the functions. What up??

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:25:10 GMT

1. Wanted (1.3.1): financial partner to develop accounting libraries

2. problem with prodomus financial library

3. financial library

4. Financial / banking class libraries in Ada95 / Ada83

5. Wanted (1.4.1): financial partner to develop accounting libraries

6. Need library of Tcl financial functions

7. Class library for financial area?

8. Help Silvercom library Please mail me anything in return HELP

9. Help with F77 library problem HELP!!

10. VisualAge/GemStone: CA:San Francisco - major financial services company

11. Financial Accounting Workspace

12. NYC: Vicon has new contracts (top $$) Financial/Interactive Multimedia