ASCII report output
Author Message
 ASCII report output

    I would like to output one of my reports (RPM, CPCS) to an ASCII text
file.  I am having problems since my original report prints data in columns
with headers.  The text does not line up properly in the text file due to
the graphical nature of the original reports produce by Clarion.  Can anyone
offer any hints on how to handle columns in an ASCII output report?  I have
tried embedding ASCII codes such as <011> for tabs and <27,15> for LF/CR but
this is too tedious.  I would have to embed these for every field of every
detail band in my report.

Thanks

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Sun, 30 May 2004 13:11:33 GMT
 ASCII report output
How about using a fixed width font for the whole report design?

Quote:
>    I would like to output one of my reports (RPM, CPCS) to an ASCII text
>file.  I am having problems since my original report prints data in columns
>with headers.  The text does not line up properly in the text file due to
>the graphical nature of the original reports produce by Clarion.  Can anyone
>offer any hints on how to handle columns in an ASCII output report?  I have
>tried embedding ASCII codes such as <011> for tabs and <27,15> for LF/CR but
>this is too tedious.  I would have to embed these for every field of every
>detail band in my report.

>Thanks

>-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Sun, 30 May 2004 13:52:29 GMT
 ASCII report output
Bob,
    I tried that, still does not do what I need.

Quote:
> How about using a fixed width font for the whole report design?

> >    I would like to output one of my reports (RPM, CPCS) to an ASCII text
> >file.  I am having problems since my original report prints data in
columns
> >with headers.  The text does not line up properly in the text file due to
> >the graphical nature of the original reports produce by Clarion.  Can
anyone
> >offer any hints on how to handle columns in an ASCII output report?  I
have
> >tried embedding ASCII codes such as <011> for tabs and <27,15> for LF/CR
but
> >this is too tedious.  I would have to embed these for every field of
every
> >detail band in my report.

> >Thanks

> >http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> >-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Sun, 30 May 2004 14:02:46 GMT
 ASCII report output
Bob,
   After setting the snap to grid on, as per Larry Teames, things work a lot
better now.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote:
> Bob,
>     I tried that, still does not do what I need.

> > How about using a fixed width font for the whole report design?

> > >    I would like to output one of my reports (RPM, CPCS) to an ASCII
text
> > >file.  I am having problems since my original report prints data in
> columns
> > >with headers.  The text does not line up properly in the text file due
> > >the graphical nature of the original reports produce by Clarion.  Can
> anyone
> > >offer any hints on how to handle columns in an ASCII output report?  I
> have
> > >tried embedding ASCII codes such as <011> for tabs and <27,15> for
LF/CR
> but
> > >this is too tedious.  I would have to embed these for every field of
> every
> > >detail band in my report.

> > >Thanks

> > >http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> > >-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Thu, 03 Jun 2004 02:12:24 GMT

1. ASCII Output for Reports

2. report output to ascii file

3. Report Template from Browse that provides a Report with Word and Excel output

4. CW: Outputting MEMOs to an ascii file?

5. ASCII file output - Urgent

6. coloured ascii output

7. 32 bit number to ascii output

8. Please help.. outputting hex in ascii

9. Output files in binary or ASCII?

10. printing ascii fortran output file on apple laser writer

11. Output to tclsh graph using ASCII symbols

12. puts [exec /binary/file] stops output at ascii=0