How do I print a saved WMF File?
Author Message
 How do I print a saved WMF File?

If I save a copy of a report, ie. I copy the .WMF files some where, how
do I print them later? CW2003

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I print a saved WMF File?
Hi John,

Quote:

>If I save a copy of a report, ie. I copy the .WMF files some where, how
>do I print them later? CW2003

What I would do is to create a report with a detail that is set to be
fixed on page, starting at X,Y = 0,0, Alone, Absolute.  Put a single
image control on it, also in pos 0,0, width/height default.  Then you
would simply assign the filename to the image and set the detail
height/width the same as the image h/w:

SetTarget(Report)
 ?Image{Prop:Text} = Q:Filename
 ?Detail{Prop:Height} = ?Image{Prop:Height}
 ?Detail{Prop:Width} = ?Image{Prop:Width}
SetTarget()
Print(Rpt:Detail)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I print a saved WMF File?
Arnor, I'll try this with my "Taggable Print Preview" and see if I can
get this thing to finally work right!

THANKS!

Quote:

> Hi John,

> >If I save a copy of a report, ie. I copy the .WMF files some where, how
> >do I print them later? CW2003

> What I would do is to create a report with a detail that is set to be
> fixed on page, starting at X,Y = 0,0, Alone, Absolute.  Put a single
> image control on it, also in pos 0,0, width/height default.  Then you
> would simply assign the filename to the image and set the detail
> height/width the same as the image h/w:

> SetTarget(Report)
>  ?Image{Prop:Text} = Q:Filename
>  ?Detail{Prop:Height} = ?Image{Prop:Height}
>  ?Detail{Prop:Width} = ?Image{Prop:Width}
> SetTarget()
> Print(Rpt:Detail)

> Best regards,

> Arnor Baldvinsson
> [Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
> Allerup Edb
> Denmark

> http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
> UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I print a saved WMF File?

Quote:

>If I save a copy of a report, ie. I copy the .WMF files some where, how
>do I print them later? CW2003

Does anyone know what naming convention CW uses for page 1, 2 etc ?

David Groves
Alchemy Technology
Perth, Western Australia
Developers of Service Management System (SMS)
for Community Service Organisations

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I print a saved WMF File?
Hi David,

Quote:

>Does anyone know what naming convention CW uses for page 1, 2 etc ?

From what I've seen, it just uses the method windows does for tmp
files.  This is done with some api calls to get a unique temp filename
from the os.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I print a saved WMF File?
Arnor Baldvinsson escribi en mensaje

Quote:
>This is done with some api calls to get a unique temp filename
>from the os.

Oh, men, this is one I _really_ need!!
Do you know what API calls are that?

Juanro

Sat, 26 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I print a saved WMF File?
Hi Juan,

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:39:55 -0300, "Juan R. Hernndez"

Quote:

>Oh, men, this is one I _really_ need!!
>Do you know what API calls are that?

Here are some code snippets from a working program:

! Inside the global map:

 MODULE('WIN32.LIB')
   GetTempFileName(*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,UNSIGNED,*LPSTR),UNSIGNED,Pascal,RAW,NAME('GetTempFileNameA')
 End

Source procedure:

Prototype: (),STRING

Data section:

Loc:PrefixC              CSTRING(4)
Loc:Unique               USHORT
Loc:TempFileNameC        CSTRING(256)
Loc:PathNameC            CSTRING(256)
Loc:TempFileName         CSTRING(256)

Code:
! (),STRING
 Loc:PathNameC = '.'
 Loc:PrefixC   = 'CKB'
 Loc:Unique   = 0
 X# = GetTempFileName(Loc:PathNameC,Loc:PrefixC,Loc:Unique,Loc:TempFileNameC)

 Loc:TempFileName = Loc:TempFileNameC
 Loop X# = Len(Clip(Loc:TempFileName)) To 1 By -1
   If Loc:TempFileName[X#] = '.'
     Break
   End
 End
 Loc:TempFileName = Loc:TempFileName[1 : X#] & 'htm'
 Loc:TempFileName = Lower(Clip(Loc:TempFileName))
 Loop X# = Len(Clip(Loc:TempFileName)) To 1 By -1
   If Loc:TempFileName[X#] = '\'
     Break
   End
 End
 Return(Loc:TempFileName[X#+1 : Len(Clip(Loc:TempFileName))])

I don't remember exactly why, but I originally had some problems
getting fnSplit to work in this app, hence all the string stuff.  It
basically replaces the .tmp extension with .htm.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I print a saved WMF File?
Arnor Baldvinsson escribi en mensaje

Quote:
>Hi Juan,
>Here are some code snippets from a working program:

Thank you _very_ much.

Best Regards
Juanro

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I print a saved WMF File?
Hi Arnor!

Quote:
> Here are some code snippets from a working program:

This is very useful! Thanks, Arnor!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Using Virtual Access 4.02 build 244 (32-bit) in Win95
Clarion Professional Developer 2.1 / Clarion for DOS 3.x
Clarion for Windows 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 / C4b / C5 Enterprise
Btrieve / Scalable SQL / Pervasive.SQL / SQL Anywhere 5.5
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS...."

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file

2. copy temporary report wmf.file to permanent wmf

3. Printing a report to a WMF file

4. Saving graphs in vector format (WMF)

5. Save as *.wmf

6. Converting PDF files to WMF files

7. How to convert WMF files to RTF files?

8. Landscape Report to Win95 Generic Print Driver - Save as file

9. WMF Printing Problem

10. Printing With WMF

11. Problem with Windows metafiles (WMF) on Print Preview

12. Capture WMF print