Problem with conversion to SQL 
Author Message
 Problem with conversion to SQL

Hello

I really need some help. I'm trying to convert aplications that use
TPS (Clarion 5.5e) to use SQL Server 7.0. I'm doing everithing
according to two articles:
Stephen Mull's Guide to converting to MS-SQL
Scott Ferrett - How To Convert Your Database To SQL
and everything seems to go OK, but when I'm running Synchronizer and
trying to select the dictionary which is going to store SQL tables the
following error occures:

'Could Not Connect to Database. Error returned from Server: ODBC.DLL
Could Not Be Loaded (1)'

I'm afraid I don't have the proper software on my workstation. The
reason is that I'm starting with SQL Server so my knowledge seems to
not be good enough.

I will be grateful for help.
Thanks in advance
Marta Gorecka, Poland



Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:14:19 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
Do you have started SQL server, and do you pass owner name in tables in
dictionary name of sql server?


Quote:
> Hello

> I really need some help. I'm trying to convert aplications that use
> TPS (Clarion 5.5e) to use SQL Server 7.0. I'm doing everithing
> according to two articles:
> Stephen Mull's Guide to converting to MS-SQL
> Scott Ferrett - How To Convert Your Database To SQL
> and everything seems to go OK, but when I'm running Synchronizer and
> trying to select the dictionary which is going to store SQL tables the
> following error occures:

> 'Could Not Connect to Database. Error returned from Server: ODBC.DLL
> Could Not Be Loaded (1)'

> I'm afraid I don't have the proper software on my workstation. The
> reason is that I'm starting with SQL Server so my knowledge seems to
> not be good enough.

> I will be grateful for help.
> Thanks in advance
> Marta Gorecka, Poland



Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:52:01 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
Hi Marta,
        are you compiling your app in 16 bits so you need the rigth
ODBC driver. Pass your app to 32 bits and your problem will dissapear.
        Regards,

Mauricio
Rosario, Argentina


Quote:
>Hello

>I really need some help. I'm trying to convert aplications that use
>TPS (Clarion 5.5e) to use SQL Server 7.0. I'm doing everithing
>according to two articles:
>Stephen Mull's Guide to converting to MS-SQL
>Scott Ferrett - How To Convert Your Database To SQL
>and everything seems to go OK, but when I'm running Synchronizer and
>trying to select the dictionary which is going to store SQL tables the
>following error occures:

>'Could Not Connect to Database. Error returned from Server: ODBC.DLL
>Could Not Be Loaded (1)'

>I'm afraid I don't have the proper software on my workstation. The
>reason is that I'm starting with SQL Server so my knowledge seems to
>not be good enough.

>I will be grateful for help.
>Thanks in advance
>Marta Gorecka, Poland

Mauricio Nicastro
B.L.D.
Rosario, Argentina
www.bld.com.ar


Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:09:38 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
What operating system are you using?  Do you have MDAC installed on your
machine?

There are additional templates available at my website which might help,
if/when you find using the Synchronizer is a waste of time.  You should also
consider Capesoft's Filemanager 3  (Sorry, I think that is what it is
called) the time you save using this product will more than pay for its
cost.

Geoff Bomford
www.comformark.com.au
Computer services For Marketing


Quote:
> Hello

> I really need some help. I'm trying to convert aplications that use
> TPS (Clarion 5.5e) to use SQL Server 7.0. I'm doing everithing
> according to two articles:
> Stephen Mull's Guide to converting to MS-SQL
> Scott Ferrett - How To Convert Your Database To SQL
> and everything seems to go OK, but when I'm running Synchronizer and
> trying to select the dictionary which is going to store SQL tables the
> following error occures:

> 'Could Not Connect to Database. Error returned from Server: ODBC.DLL
> Could Not Be Loaded (1)'

> I'm afraid I don't have the proper software on my workstation. The
> reason is that I'm starting with SQL Server so my knowledge seems to
> not be good enough.

> I will be grateful for help.
> Thanks in advance
> Marta Gorecka, Poland



Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:18:01 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
Hello

In dictionary I put global variable !GLO:Owner, which I initialize in
my aplication '<server_name>,<database_name>,<user>,<password>'
Did you mean this?

Regards,
Marta

Quote:

> Do you have started SQL server, and do you pass owner name in tables in
> dictionary name of sql server?



> > Hello

> > I really need some help. I'm trying to convert aplications that use
> > TPS (Clarion 5.5e) to use SQL Server 7.0. I'm doing everithing
> > according to two articles:
> > Stephen Mull's Guide to converting to MS-SQL
> > Scott Ferrett - How To Convert Your Database To SQL
> > and everything seems to go OK, but when I'm running Synchronizer and
> > trying to select the dictionary which is going to store SQL tables the
> > following error occures:

> > 'Could Not Connect to Database. Error returned from Server: ODBC.DLL
> > Could Not Be Loaded (1)'

> > I'm afraid I don't have the proper software on my workstation. The
> > reason is that I'm starting with SQL Server so my knowledge seems to
> > not be good enough.

> > I will be grateful for help.
> > Thanks in advance
> > Marta Gorecka, Poland



Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:00:52 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
Yes I mean that.
Can you connect to tables defining in dictionary with your program?
If you can that mean maybe is problemin some steps, but if you don't than
mean something is wrong with security over domain or sql Server(wnat is type
of autentification on server)


Quote:
> Hello

> In dictionary I put global variable !GLO:Owner, which I initialize in
> my aplication '<server_name>,<database_name>,<user>,<password>'
> Did you mean this?

> Regards,
> Marta




Quote:
> > Do you have started SQL server, and do you pass owner name in tables in
> > dictionary name of sql server?



> > > Hello

> > > I really need some help. I'm trying to convert aplications that use
> > > TPS (Clarion 5.5e) to use SQL Server 7.0. I'm doing everithing
> > > according to two articles:
> > > Stephen Mull's Guide to converting to MS-SQL
> > > Scott Ferrett - How To Convert Your Database To SQL
> > > and everything seems to go OK, but when I'm running Synchronizer and
> > > trying to select the dictionary which is going to store SQL tables the
> > > following error occures:

> > > 'Could Not Connect to Database. Error returned from Server: ODBC.DLL
> > > Could Not Be Loaded (1)'

> > > I'm afraid I don't have the proper software on my workstation. The
> > > reason is that I'm starting with SQL Server so my knowledge seems to
> > > not be good enough.

> > > I will be grateful for help.
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > Marta Gorecka, Poland



Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:23:08 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
Hello Mauricio,

I've checked my ODBC drivers and they seems to be 32 bits, so you can
be right, but how I can change my app to this 32 bits?

Thanks,
Marta

Quote:

> Hi Marta,
>    are you compiling your app in 16 bits so you need the rigth
> ODBC driver. Pass your app to 32 bits and your problem will dissapear.
>    Regards,

> Mauricio
> Rosario, Argentina


> >Hello

> >I really need some help. I'm trying to convert aplications that use
> >TPS (Clarion 5.5e) to use SQL Server 7.0. I'm doing everithing
> >according to two articles:
> >Stephen Mull's Guide to converting to MS-SQL
> >Scott Ferrett - How To Convert Your Database To SQL
> >and everything seems to go OK, but when I'm running Synchronizer and
> >trying to select the dictionary which is going to store SQL tables the
> >following error occures:

> >'Could Not Connect to Database. Error returned from Server: ODBC.DLL
> >Could Not Be Loaded (1)'

> >I'm afraid I don't have the proper software on my workstation. The
> >reason is that I'm starting with SQL Server so my knowledge seems to
> >not be good enough.

> >I will be grateful for help.
> >Thanks in advance
> >Marta Gorecka, Poland

> Mauricio Nicastro
> B.L.D.
> Rosario, Argentina
> www.bld.com.ar



Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:32:05 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
The situation is as follows:

I have a simple aplication written in Clarion and using database TPS,
which works on local computer. Now I want to use SQL, but I do not
want to loose my data neither to put them into server 'by hands'.

If I change my old database's driver to MSSQL and create SQL database
on SQL Server and put this 'GLO:Owner' variable everithing is OK, I
can connect with no problem. But if I want to convert exactly the same
dictionary that error occure.

Although I would like to be able convert my old datebases to SQL and
do not have to create tables on Server manualy, I would like just to
create database and nothing more - I hope it is possible.

Thanks for your advices,
Regards
Marta

Quote:

> Yes I mean that.
> Can you connect to tables defining in dictionary with your program?
> If you can that mean maybe is problemin some steps, but if you don't than
> mean something is wrong with security over domain or sql Server(wnat is type
> of autentification on server)



Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:23:13 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
Hi Marta,

Take a look at File Manager 3 from CapeSoft. It makes TPS to SQL conversion
effortless. Automatically creates the tables, copies the tps data accross,
and continues to manage and upgrade your database automatically from your
application!
http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/fm3sp.htm.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions.

Thanks.
--
--------------------------
Lesley Dean
CapeSoft
www.capesoft.com


Quote:
> The situation is as follows:

> I have a simple aplication written in Clarion and using database TPS,
> which works on local computer. Now I want to use SQL, but I do not
> want to loose my data neither to put them into server 'by hands'.

> If I change my old database's driver to MSSQL and create SQL database
> on SQL Server and put this 'GLO:Owner' variable everithing is OK, I
> can connect with no problem. But if I want to convert exactly the same
> dictionary that error occure.

> Although I would like to be able convert my old datebases to SQL and
> do not have to create tables on Server manualy, I would like just to
> create database and nothing more - I hope it is possible.

> Thanks for your advices,
> Regards
> Marta




- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > Yes I mean that.
> > Can you connect to tables defining in dictionary with your program?
> > If you can that mean maybe is problemin some steps, but if you don't
than
> > mean something is wrong with security over domain or sql Server(wnat is
type
> > of autentification on server)



Tue, 08 Nov 2005 19:01:11 GMT  
 Problem with conversion to SQL
Project - Properties - Change your Target OS to 32 bits.


Quote:
>Hello Mauricio,

>I've checked my ODBC drivers and they seems to be 32 bits, so you can
>be right, but how I can change my app to this 32 bits?

>Thanks,
>Marta


>> Hi Marta,
>>        are you compiling your app in 16 bits so you need the rigth
>> ODBC driver. Pass your app to 32 bits and your problem will dissapear.
>>        Regards,

>> Mauricio
>> Rosario, Argentina


>> >Hello

>> >I really need some help. I'm trying to convert aplications that use
>> >TPS (Clarion 5.5e) to use SQL Server 7.0. I'm doing everithing
>> >according to two articles:
>> >Stephen Mull's Guide to converting to MS-SQL
>> >Scott Ferrett - How To Convert Your Database To SQL
>> >and everything seems to go OK, but when I'm running Synchronizer and
>> >trying to select the dictionary which is going to store SQL tables the
>> >following error occures:

>> >'Could Not Connect to Database. Error returned from Server: ODBC.DLL
>> >Could Not Be Loaded (1)'

>> >I'm afraid I don't have the proper software on my workstation. The
>> >reason is that I'm starting with SQL Server so my knowledge seems to
>> >not be good enough.

>> >I will be grateful for help.
>> >Thanks in advance
>> >Marta Gorecka, Poland

>> Mauricio Nicastro
>> B.L.D.
>> Rosario, Argentina
>> www.bld.com.ar

Mauricio Nicastro
B.L.D.
Rosario, Argentina
www.bld.com.ar


Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:33:26 GMT  
 
 [ 10 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Pervasive.SQL(SQL) Import Table Problems

2. TPS to SQL Conversion?

3. SQL conversion

4. SQL CLARION DATE CONVERSION ROUTINE

5. Dbf to ODBC SQL Free conversion tool

6. Clipper Conversion and SQL Interfaces

7. SQL to Ada conversion

8. VSAM to SQL Server conversion utility

9. TCL - PL/SQL Conversion Scripts

10. SQL null conversion

11. Connecting SQL server with SQL authentication

12. Clarion Pervasive.SQL(Btrieve) and Pervasive.SQL 2000

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software