Add Child Record Within New Parent Record form.
Author Message
 Add Child Record Within New Parent Record form.

Big Guys,

I am still very new to Clarion4. So forgive my ignorance and help.

I hava an update form which host a child listbox with EIP enabled. (One-Many
link by >
 ( Reg:AssetCode = Itm:AssetCode) Reg is parent, Itm is child

The system works when editing an existing parent record. But when adding a
new parent record, and I need to enter one or more records to the child
EIP-listbox. I get Validation error "Itm:Code must be found in Register
File".

How do I overide this validity check only when adding a new parent record.

Thanks in advance

Femi

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding child records for a newly inserted parent record (CW2003)

2. SQL - adding child record from parent form

3. delete parent-child record without using form

4. Adding child clears parent record

5. Copying grand parent, parent, and child records

6. Adding Child Record to a Child file during Update

7. How To restrict child browse to selected parent browse record

8. Reports with One Parent and Two Child files(multiple records eacy)

9. Saving child rec before Parent record, How?

10. Copying autonumbered parent, child, grandchild records...

11. Copying Parent, Child, Grandchild Records...

12. Copying Parent, Child, Grandchild autonumbered records...