Changing FontColor of Disabled Field
Author Message
 Changing FontColor of Disabled Field

Is it possible to change the color of a field that is disabled.  I would like
to have the font be a different color than greyed out, it the field is
disabled.  Any suggestions?

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing FontColor of Disabled Field

Quote:

> Is it possible to change the color of a field that is disabled.  I would like
> to have the font be a different color than greyed out, it the field is
> disabled.  Any suggestions?

Sounds like an api thing that or use color:btnface and have it match the
windows scheme

otherwise i dunno

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing FontColor of Disabled Field
JAT
Instead of disabled could you make the field read-only and skip?
Now you can have any colour you like.
Neal

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:39:32 GMT
 Changing FontColor of Disabled Field

Quote:
>JAT
>Instead of disabled could you make the field read-only and skip?
>Now you can have any colour you like.

Or better use a textstring with a panel behind. Sett the fill-colour to
what you want and -1,-1 on 'Bevel' Outer,Inner (you get a standard look),
and no skip problems. You can then change colours to any one you like. :-)

Kjetil Nesheim
More Computers

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing FontColor of Disabled Field
Quote:
> Or better use a textstring with a panel behind. Sett the fill-colour to
> what you want and -1,-1 on 'Bevel' Outer,Inner (you get a standard look),
> and no skip problems. You can then change colours to any one you like. :-)
> Kjetil Nesheim

Yes, that's true. However, one reason to use 'read-only' instead of a
textstring is that you can easily change it to a
standard entry if required.
I mean; perhaps it is currently being disabled under certain circumstances
but at other times it is enabled and you want to retain this functionality.
Neal

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 04:13:12 GMT
 Changing FontColor of Disabled Field

Quote:
>> Or better use a textstring with a panel behind. Sett the fill-colour
>> to what you want and -1,-1 on 'Bevel' Outer,Inner (you get a standard
>> look), and no skip problems. You can then change colours to any one
>> you like. :-) Kjetil Nesheim
>Yes, that's true. However, one reason to use 'read-only' instead of a
>textstring is that you can easily change it to a
>standard entry if required.
>I mean; perhaps it is currently being disabled under certain
>circumstances but at other times it is enabled and you want to retain
>this functionality. Neal

That's probably way the option is there, but when the change is not needed
I prefer to use the string-setup so the 'smart user's' :-) don't get to
confused when they can't change the value.

Kjetil Nesheim
More Computers

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disabling Field Lookup for a Conditionally disabled entry field

2. Change fontcolor at runtime

3. Change Entry Fields To String Fields.

4. Overriding Windows greying out the foreground of a disabled entry field

5. Disabling fields

6. Disable fields

7. Disabling fields during in-line wditing

8. Colour of DISABLED variables or field content

9. Disabling edit fields

10. Enable & Disable Dimensioned Fields

11. Disable ProductCode Field

12. Clarion4 - Edit-In-Place - Conditional Disable Of Field