Edit in place and dict rules
Author Message
 Edit in place and dict rules

It doesn't seem like EIP (CW5b) enforces the rules for a field set up in the
dictionary.  I have a field that I want uppercase and have it so marked in
the DCT.  EIP happily puts lower case in.

How do I get a hold of that field and UPPER it?  This is sort of like
UNpriming a record ;-)>

I would like to learn how to do this on a field by field basis, but I
haven't had much luck with EIP embeds.    I think that might be useful for
other things later.

Thnaks,  Bob Roos

Tue, 06 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Edit in place and dict rules
Hello Bob:

Go to the EIP properties and set the properties for the individual columns.
This will give you embeds for each field in the browse.

In the Create or Init embed of the field (after the parent call):

SELF.Feq{PROP:Upper} = TRUE

Maurice

Quote:

>It doesn't seem like EIP (CW5b) enforces the rules for a field set up in
the
>dictionary.  I have a field that I want uppercase and have it so marked in
>the DCT.  EIP happily puts lower case in.

>How do I get a hold of that field and UPPER it?  This is sort of like
>UNpriming a record ;-)>

>I would like to learn how to do this on a field by field basis, but I
>haven't had much luck with EIP embeds.    I think that might be useful for
>other things later.

>Thnaks,  Bob Roos

Wed, 07 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Edit in place and dict rules
Hello Bob:

I apologize for omitting this part in my answer. The templates really should
default to this being unchecked. Look at this way, you will probably
remember it better now <G>.

Maurice

Quote:

>This is getting seriously scary.  I think I might be starting to understand
>this!!

>I guess in the case of EIP fileds one has to tell (by means of unchecking
>the "use default class" button) what kind of a field you want.

>I unchecked the default and the selected the EditEntryClass. Then it worked
>Perfectly!

>Thanks,  Bob Roos

>If you put 1000 monkeys at computers could they write ABC code??  <G>

Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Edit in place and dict rules

Quote:

>If you put 1000 monkeys at computers could they write ABC code??  <G>

How do you think TopSpeed wrote it in the first place?  :-}

Mike Renals

Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. place control in edit in place

2. Edit drop list Edit in place - problem

3. Edit Rules

4. Edit in Place- Combo Box

5. Edit in place

6. EDIT-IN-PLACE

7. Updating Edit in Place

8. Edit in place - legacy templates

9. Drop Boxes in Edit In Place

10. Edit in Place embedded point

11. Using Edit In Place on a browse for a child file

12. Edit in Place (again ! )