windows shortcuts
Author Message
 windows shortcuts

Does anyone know what are the parameters to create an item and specify the
start in directory

I have seen the example included in clarion but does not seem to specifiy
that DDE setting

Can it be done, I would think so

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 windows shortcuts
Quote:

> Does anyone know what are the parameters to create an item and specify the
> start in directory

I can be through the IShellLink OLE Interface.  The trick is it's hard to
call an OLE interface from CW.  I wrote a 3 part article for Clarion Mag
that shows how to do that and the example I used was creating a shortcut. If
your a subscriber you can get the information there.
-------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 windows shortcuts
Thanks Jim, But Clarion Mag is no longer available according to this group,
is there now other way than OLE to get this to work, DDE should work, should
it not ?

Quote:

>> Does anyone know what are the parameters to create an item and specify
the
>> start in directory

>I can be through the IShellLink OLE Interface.  The trick is it's hard to
>call an OLE interface from CW.  I wrote a 3 part article for Clarion Mag
>that shows how to do that and the example I used was creating a shortcut.
If
>your a subscriber you can get the information there.
>-------
>Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
>Productive Software Solutions
>Can't Find that Message?
>Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
>www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 windows shortcuts
Quote:

> Thanks Jim, But Clarion Mag is no longer available according to this group,
> is there now other way than OLE to get this to work, DDE should work, should
> it not ?

No IShellLink is an OLE interface and the only way to make a shortcut other
than discovering the format of a .lnk file and making one a byte at a time.
DDE has nothing to do with it unless its to call code the uses OLE to call
IShellLink interface.  You are mixing the two publications. Clarion Mag is
alive and very well at www.clarionmag.com.  It is clarion on line that when
belly up.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Solving Windows shortcuts

2. Window Shortcut called from APP

3. windows shortcuts

4. CLOSE all windows shortcut?

5. Creating Windows shortcut

6. Creating windows shortcuts

7. Resolving windows shortcuts

8. Windows shortcut help...

9. manipulating windows shortcuts and such

10. Running a Python program thru a Windows shortcut

11. Manage Windows shortcut in Python

12. How to create a Windows shortcut without using COM?