Browse Box Popup Menu's
Author Message
 Browse Box Popup Menu's

I found this old post over a year ago without a reply. I have the same
problem. Any solutions ??

Thanks,

Kevin

How do I active the popup menu for a browse box?

I have many browse screens (with the update record extension) in my
application, some of which have a popup menus other do not.

I am in the process of adding options to the popup menu when I discovered a
browse without the popup menu activated.  I can not see what difference
there is between the browse with the popup menu and the browse without the
popup menu.

Can anyone help me?
I am sure it's something trivial I have missed.

I am using Clarion 5.5e with handy tools browse extension.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Sat, 21 May 2005 11:08:29 GMT
 Browse Box Popup Menu's
assuming abc, the popup class is created in the browse init method whether
you want it or not.  In the browse class setalert() method the standard
insert, change, delete items are added to the popup if and only if
SELF.InsertControl, SELF.ChangeControl, SELF.DeleteControl, etc are
non-zero.  If you set these member variables to zero prior to
brw?.setalert() nothing gets added to the popup meun so in effect, no popup.
lastly brw?.popup.ask() gets called in brw?.takenewselection  so if you have
embed code that prevents parent.takenewselection from being called or clears
the keycode(), the popup will never appear.
jim kane

Quote:
> I found this old post over a year ago without a reply. I have the same
> problem. Any solutions ??

> Thanks,

> Kevin

> How do I active the popup menu for a browse box?

> I have many browse screens (with the update record extension) in my
> application, some of which have a popup menus other do not.

> I am in the process of adding options to the popup menu when I discovered
> browse without the popup menu activated.  I can not see what difference
> there is between the browse with the popup menu and the browse without the
> popup menu.

> Can anyone help me?
> I am sure it's something trivial I have missed.

> I am using Clarion 5.5e with handy tools browse extension.

> Thanks in advance.

> Chris.

Sat, 21 May 2005 12:28:01 GMT

1. Problem with Popup menus in Browse List boxes

2. Popup menus in empty Browse List boxes

3. Browse Box Popup Menu

4. Popup menu on combo box

5. Popup Boxes / Menu items (MacTclTk)

6. 2.2003 Browse Popup Menu

7. 'Floating' popup-menu

8. Icons in popup menu's

9. HELP ON POPUP MENU'S NEEDED

10. trying to fix ruby-gtk's menu.popup

11. Popup menu won't hide on Linux

12. popup menu doesn't appear when tcl/tk script called from C