Using Shitf Pick to select multiple entries
Author Message
 Using Shitf Pick to select multiple entries

Quote:

> I am using c4b and was wonder what the procedure is for selecting
> multiple entries from a browse by marking the first file and then
> holding down the shift key select the last file and all the files in
> between the two would be marked also.  Just like they do it in windows
> explorer

Multi-select requires a listbox with IMM property turned off. (A
full-loaded queue) In addition to turning off IMM, you enable multiselect
by enabling the MARK property of the browse list control. It requires a
queue field to hold the mark. Search for MARK in the online help for
instructions. The queue field will hold 1 if row is selected, otherwise 0.

Clarion 4 BrowseBox supports page-loaded queues only, which requires IMM
property on. Therefore, multi-select is not possible with C4 BrowseBox. It
is available only with handcoded browses. Clarion 5 BrowseBox supports
full-loaded queues (IMM off). However, it provides no support for MARK.
You would need to handcode the support yourself for processing multiple
selections.

Phil Carroll
Paragon Design & Development
"The UltraTree People"
http://www.*-*-*.com/

    http://www.*-*-*.com/       The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Shitf Pick to select multiple entries
Hello Phillip:

I don't think the "mark"ing that CW has is what was requested though.  That
is not nearly as slick as the shift-click type of functionality as in
Explorer & other Windows programs.  Do you know how to do that?

Very best,

Julian

Quote:

> > I am using c4b and was wonder what the procedure is for selecting
> > multiple entries from a browse by marking the first file and then
> > holding down the shift key select the last file and all the files in
> > between the two would be marked also.  Just like they do it in windows
> > explorer

> Multi-select requires a listbox with IMM property turned off. (A
> full-loaded queue) In addition to turning off IMM, you enable multiselect
> by enabling the MARK property of the browse list control. It requires a
> queue field to hold the mark. Search for MARK in the online help for
> instructions. The queue field will hold 1 if row is selected, otherwise 0.

> Clarion 4 BrowseBox supports page-loaded queues only, which requires IMM
> property on. Therefore, multi-select is not possible with C4 BrowseBox. It
> is available only with handcoded browses. Clarion 5 BrowseBox supports
> full-loaded queues (IMM off). However, it provides no support for MARK.
> You would need to handcode the support yourself for processing multiple
> selections.

> Phil Carroll
> Paragon Design & Development
> "The UltraTree People"
> http://www.paragondandd.com/products.htm

>    http://www.newsfeeds.com       The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
> ------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including  Dedicated  Binaries Servers ==-----

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Shitf Pick to select multiple entries

Quote:

> The point is, MARK is just a tool. You have to be the carpenter.  :-)

Gee, Ive never been called a tool before. Thanks Phil<g>
---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Select multiple disjoing entries in a listbox

2. multiple listboxes with multiple select

3. Selecting more than one item from a pick list

4. Rel Tree Ins always picks secondary entry Form

5. Clarion Browse using SQL doing a SELECT ASC and then SELECT DESC

6. Getting regexp to pick multiple newlines

7. This is PICK (and Pick like)

8. SELECT() with entry array

9. Programatically selecting an entry in a Container Details Tree

10. Changing background on selected entry fields

11. Select entry

12. Who to highlight the entry-background when selected ?