URGENT - REPOST - HOW TO REGET
Author Message
 URGENT - REPOST - HOW TO REGET

Hi

Sorry for the re -post..but I need to know the answer to what is probably a
simple matter..I've looked in the manuals but just cant seem to work out the
embed to test for error 33.

Original Post
Hi All

I use C4b-ABC and have a multi-user app(Win9x peer to peer) reporting the
above error on occasion, followed by Error 5 - Access Denied..this usaully
happens on adding a new child record(A notes record in this
case)..cancelling the add is no use as an endless loop of error 33 and error
5 follows.

I think that I must test for this error 33 and then reget the Parent record
id concerned.

Can you please help with a code example and which embed in the form I should
Use.

Thankyou very much( in advance)

Ed

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT - REPOST - HOW TO REGET
Hi Edwin

First make sure the file is listed in the Files section of your procedure.
Failure to do so will get you the 33 error.  I have had a problem with apps I
started in C4 or converted from C2 and finished in C5 where the file manager
does not properly close files when a procedure closes.  I end up having to embed
code to manually close files.  This does not happen with apps built exclusively
in C5.  I wish I knew what caused this problem and how to get rid of it but I
don't.  As I recall the symptoms are similar to what you are experiencing.  A
user opens a procedure that accesses a particular file and all works well.  The
user closes that procedure and opens another procedure that also accesses the
the same file or even the same procedure and then gets the error.  I found that
if I embed code to manually close the file in the procedures the problem goes
away. I have looked at the source code and it appears that the procedure is
closing the file but something is obviously going wrong.

Hopefully my experience will help you solve your problem.

Gary

Quote:

> Hi

> Sorry for the re -post..but I need to know the answer to what is probably a
> simple matter..I've looked in the manuals but just cant seem to work out the
> embed to test for error 33.

> Original Post
> Hi All

> I use C4b-ABC and have a multi-user app(Win9x peer to peer) reporting the
> above error on occasion, followed by Error 5 - Access Denied..this usaully
> happens on adding a new child record(A notes record in this
> case)..cancelling the add is no use as an endless loop of error 33 and error
> 5 follows.

> I think that I must test for this error 33 and then reget the Parent record
> id concerned.

> Can you please help with a code example and which embed in the form I should
> Use.

> Thankyou very much( in advance)

> Ed

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT URGENT URGENT

2. Does REGET() arm record-locking like GET() does?

3. REGET vs. GET

4. Reget fuction

6. Positioning of files (Reget,Reset)

7. REGET(VIEW) fails on ODBC

8. Clarion5 - Reset vs Reget

9. reget with ftplib?

10. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

11. Urgent Urgent I am stuck with this problem

12. (repost) OOP Survey Participant Wanted