Read Hard Drive ID
Author Message
 Read Hard Drive ID

How do I read the hard drive ID in CW55pe?

Thanks.

Dave Schwartz

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:24:45 GMT
 Read Hard Drive ID
secwin has a function to do this
see http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/secwinsp.htm

then see
http://www.capesoft.com/opinion/CopyProtection.htm
to see why I think it's a bad idea in most cases <g>

Cheers
Bruce Johnson
CapeSoft

Quote:
> How do I read the hard drive ID in CW55pe?

> Thanks.

> Dave Schwartz

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:24:57 GMT
 Read Hard Drive ID
This will not work for SCSI drives Dave unless someone has a way to do it
using Windows API calls.

Ben E. Brady
Brady & Associates, LLC.

Quote:
> How do I read the hard drive ID in CW55pe?

> Thanks.

> Dave Schwartz

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:25:32 GMT
 Read Hard Drive ID
Ben,

Thanks for the response. And thanks, also, to Bruce Johnson for reminding me
that SecWin already has that feature built in.

Bruce, will it work with SCSI?

Dave

Quote:
> This will not work for SCSI drives Dave unless someone has a way to do it
> using Windows API calls.

> Ben E. Brady
> Brady & Associates, LLC.

> > How do I read the hard drive ID in CW55pe?

> > Thanks.

> > Dave Schwartz

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:25:41 GMT
 Read Hard Drive ID
Hi,

I am using SECWIN to read my SCSI drives id and it works 100%.

--
Regards

Johan de klerk
***********************

***********************

Quote:
> Ben,

> Thanks for the response. And thanks, also, to Bruce Johnson for reminding
me
> that SecWin already has that feature built in.

> Bruce, will it work with SCSI?

> Dave

> > This will not work for SCSI drives Dave unless someone has a way to do
it
> > using Windows API calls.

> > Ben E. Brady
> > Brady & Associates, LLC.

> > > How do I read the hard drive ID in CW55pe?

> > > Thanks.

> > > Dave Schwartz

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:26:12 GMT
 Read Hard Drive ID
no idea....
It is a windows API call but I don't have a SCSI drive to test it on.

I know it probably won't return anything useful from non-windows serers (eg
novell or linux) but in a network environment this "feature", as an idea,
goes from bad to worse <bg>...

Cheers
Bruce

Quote:
> Ben,

> Thanks for the response. And thanks, also, to Bruce Johnson for reminding
me
> that SecWin already has that feature built in.

> Bruce, will it work with SCSI?

> Dave

> > This will not work for SCSI drives Dave unless someone has a way to do
it
> > using Windows API calls.

> > Ben E. Brady
> > Brady & Associates, LLC.

> > > How do I read the hard drive ID in CW55pe?

> > > Thanks.

> > > Dave Schwartz

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:26:13 GMT

1. ID of hard drive

2. Read HARD DISK ID or serial number

3. How can I read the Hard drive's Serial Number

4. Reading from Hard Drive

5. Parallel computing (and hard drive space...)

6. Want to put REALbasic back on my hard drive

7. Hard Drive Information

8. new hard drive / which file system?

9. hard drive

10. Hard Drive Serial Number & Stuff

11. Deleting Files on the hard drive from a Directory Queue

12. Recording audio to hard drive