Browse box presentation 
Author Message
 Browse box presentation

Does anyone know if there is a way to display lists of data other than the standard browse box presentation
I need to display things like Name, company name, tel, etc in a nicely presented manner
No updates required & must be directly available from a button
ie not a printer preview on the screen which would require several actions to obtain

PM



Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:35:35 GMT  
 Browse box presentation
You need to be a bit more specific as to what you envision.  The list box
does have the ability to show data is many different ways.  Colors, fonts,
styles, etc.  Or were you thinking of an OCX grid control?

--
Russ


Does anyone know if there is a way to display lists of data other than the
standard browse box presentation
I need to display things like Name, company name, tel, etc in a nicely
presented manner
No updates required & must be directly available from a button
ie not a printer preview on the screen which would require several actions
to obtain

PM



Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:33:11 GMT  
 Browse box presentation
How about using HTML?

You can use the ASCII Driver to write an HTML file on the fly when a user presses a button.   You could use all
the HTML formatting commands to make things "pretty".
To display the file, you could use the freebie Shellex template (you can find a link at
http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/) to launch the user's default browser to display the file.

    Tim

Quote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to display lists of data other than the standard browse box presentation
> I need to display things like Name, company name, tel, etc in a nicely presented manner
> No updates required & must be directly available from a button
> ie not a printer preview on the screen which would require several actions to obtain

> PM



Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:25:57 GMT  
 Browse box presentation
Or the Grid control template.

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0



Quote:
> You need to be a bit more specific as to what you envision.  The list box
> does have the ability to show data is many different ways.  Colors, fonts,
> styles, etc.  Or were you thinking of an OCX grid control?

> --
> Russ



> Does anyone know if there is a way to display lists of data other than the
> standard browse box presentation
> I need to display things like Name, company name, tel, etc in a nicely
> presented manner
> No updates required & must be directly available from a button
> ie not a printer preview on the screen which would require several actions
> to obtain

> PM



Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:28:44 GMT  
 Browse box presentation
Good call.

--
Russ


Or the Grid control template.

--

Steve Parker



Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:53:07 GMT  
 Browse box presentation

Thanks to all for the replies

However, what's the grid control template ?
I don't seem to have it ? in my C55pe

PM


Quote:
>Good call.

>--
>Russ



>Or the Grid control template.

>--

>Steve Parker



Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:04:39 GMT  
 Browse box presentation
I think is is part of the Web Builder templates.

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0


Quote:

> Thanks to all for the replies

> However, what's the grid control template ?
> I don't seem to have it ? in my C55pe

> PM


> >Good call.

> >--
> >Russ



> >Or the Grid control template.

> >--

> >Steve Parker



Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:14:11 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Browse box option boxes

2. refreshing browse box on form from parent browse

3. Browse Box Question

4. Row in browse box shows two times

5. filter on a browse with a combo box ??

6. Record order in browse box using Super Invoice

7. Browse Box Question

8. CW55 Internet and Browse box Hyperlinks

9. Refreshing browse box with timer

10. Formatting Headers in a Browse Box

11. ADDING ENTRY FORM TO BROWSE BOX

12. Browse box

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software