embed points in report group headers and footers
Author Message
 embed points in report group headers and footers

I need some coding to embed before printing a group header and group footer,
only I can't find any embed points to place my coding.
Can anybody help me how to do this?

Tonny Blind

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 embed points in report group headers and footers

Use Before Print Detail - the headers and footers are automatically printed
when a detail says they should be.

--

Regards,
Geoff Bomford

Quote:

>I need some coding to embed before printing a group header and group
footer,
>only I can't find any embed points to place my coding.
>Can anybody help me how to do this?

>Tonny Blind

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 embed points in report group headers and footers

Hi Tonny,

Quote:
> I need some coding to embed before printing a group header and group
footer,
> only I can't find any embed points to place my coding.
> Can anybody help me how to do this?

All the report breaks are handled by the Report engine so unfortunately it
is impossible to provide break points for the headers etc..

Larry Teams (CPCS) has a set of report templates that will give you access
to these breaks (as far as I know).

What I normally do is "Before Printing detail" I watch the variable that
the break is on to work out wether, if the varable has changed, a break
will occur when the Print detail occurs. So for calculations involving
totals it will give you the opportunity to do the calculation. I do have an
example template extension that will demonstrate the totalling outside of
the report engine, let me know if you'd like a copy.

Regards

--
joe van niekerk
[TopSpeed South Africa]

Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Embed Point for Group Footer in Report

2. Report Group Headers, Footers & Page Breaks

3. Embed code for report group footer

4. 2003: Embed point for group break on report

5. group footer en header

6. Group headers/footers in browse

7. awk-Script with Report Headers/Footers & Pagebreaks

8. Report Headers and Footers

9. Controlling Report headers and footers

10. Report headers and footers (CW 1.5/2.0)

11. CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

12. How to embed into Group Footer?