Edit In Place Validation - Help Please
Author Message
 Edit In Place Validation - Help Please

I need to do some validation before a row is saved using edit in place in a
Browse box.
The validation code has to take place after all data is changed but before
it is saved because it requires the user to make the data meet a certain
criteria which can only be done if all three fields are able to be edited
prior to validation.

The validation code is below,  what I need to know is: What embed to place
the code in, how to tell the code to stop the update, and leave the cursor
in the first field to edit (PMP1:Per_to_Cus).

I tried the code in the embed "EIPManager.Update PROCEDURE" but no results.

if PMP1:Per_to_Cus + PMP1:Per_To_DSR + PMP1:Per_To_INH <> 100 then
    Message('Total of Percentages must be 100')
    Select(PMP1:Per_to_Cus)
    !Stop the Update Code Here
End

Sun, 22 May 2005 05:05:22 GMT
 Edit In Place Validation - Help Please
John,

You want the TakeCompleted method of the EIPManager. Make sure to use the
one that takes a BYTE as parameter (there are two TakeCompleted methods).
Look in the softvelocity.c55 newsgroup for a thread called 'EIP Validation
problem' last week or the week before for an example.

HTH,
--
Rick Martin
Sharpe Software, Inc.

Sun, 22 May 2005 06:13:52 GMT

1. Help: How to make validation check working on Edit-in-place of a browser

2. Please Help: Adding Edit-in-Place checkbox to a List Box

3. C5 Record validation in edit-in-place mode

4. edit-in-place with validation

5. place control in edit in place

6. Edit drop list Edit in place - problem

7. Help with edit-in-place

8. HELP: Edit in Place Accept???

9. Nead Help Whith edit in place

10. Help with LOCUS edit in place