user definable browse box
Author Message
 user definable browse box

Is there a way to make a browse box that the user can select the columns
to display?  The file has a rather large number of fields and user
usually only needs to see 4-5 columns at a time but there are way too
many possible combinations of neccesary columns for alternate list boxes.
Using CW2.0

Robert Nixdorf

Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 user definable browse box

Sure,  create your VIEW by specifying all fields which will
potentially appear in your listbox.  At runti,e use the
?ListControl{Prop:Format} = FORMAT(Some string) type of command to
reformat the list box.

This is very fiddly, but it can be done.  See Prop:Format or FORMAT in
the manuals for examples.

Someone once suggested that the listbox should be formatable via a
much simpler technique - which I have forgotten, but it made a lot of
sense at the time <g>

Quote:
>Is there a way to make a browse box that the user can select the columns
>to display?  The file has a rather large number of fields and user
>usually only needs to see 4-5 columns at a time but there are way too
>many possible combinations of neccesary columns for alternate list boxes.
>Using CW2.0

>Robert Nixdorf

    Geoff Bomford
     ComForMark
  Sydney, Australia

Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. USer Resize Browse Box

2. User Definable Runtime Report Formater/Wizard-CPD2x

3. User definable field name?

4. User Definable Reports

5. Adding a User Definable Logo to an app

6. operator overloading and user definable operators.

7. User definable operators

8. User-definable WRITE from F90?

9. User-definable Tk widgets, example code

10. User-definable Tk widgets

11. Browse box option boxes

12. refreshing browse box on form from parent browse