ComCode Buyer/User
Author Message
 ComCode Buyer/User

| All,

<snip>

| Look at your other choice, GW Duke Accounting Source... Not really an
| option.  I purchased that source several years ago, downloaded all the
| updates, and finally gave up on it, it's simply not ready for
prime-time...
| far too many problems and at 4X the price of ComCode. ( Please no flames
on
| my comments about GWD source, this is not a shot at Mr. Duke, I have found
| him to be a fine person, I was just expressing my own personal opinion
about
| the source)

Hi Stephen,
Hi EM Handler,

Please remember that this is not a flame....  <G>

I have used Dukes stuff for several years now.  They have met my needs just
fine.  People need to remember that they are SHELLS that NEED to be
enhanced.  So I enhanced them...  Did I have to tweak some stuff.  Sure I
had to tweak some stuff.  Who doesn't need to tweak some stuff.  The last
tweak for a customer was 4 days ago.  <G>

Jerry Duke has also enhanced them quite a bit and fixed some basic design
problems (for some uses) over the years and the code is significantly
different now than it was back then.  But, they are STILL shells only with
BASIC functionality YOU need to enhance.  <G>    However, the basic
structure and functionality is there ready to be enhanced into whatever you
want.  Some enhancements on top of the existing shells will take a LOT of
work and some enhancements will NOT take a lot of work.

My next ongoing project is going to be taking the Enterprise Edition
(Modularized) and go through it and enhance it all over again.  I will end
up with a nice system that will compete nicely with MS Great Plains.  <G>

--
---- (;-)}
Regards,

www.kwiksystems.com
www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (Clarion Templates & Utilities by Bo
Schmitz)
http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Screen Shots of Bo's
Stuff)

Sun, 15 May 2005 09:59:35 GMT
 ComCode Buyer/User
Earl,

 You finally admit it after all these years <g>

Dan

Quote:

> | All,

> <snip>

> | Look at your other choice, GW Duke Accounting Source... Not really an
> | option.  I purchased that source several years ago, downloaded all the
> | updates, and finally gave up on it, it's simply not ready for
> prime-time...
> | far too many problems and at 4X the price of ComCode. ( Please no flames
> on
> | my comments about GWD source, this is not a shot at Mr. Duke, I have
found
> | him to be a fine person, I was just expressing my own personal opinion
> about
> | the source)

> Hi Stephen,
> Hi EM Handler,

> Please remember that this is not a flame....  <G>

> I have used Dukes stuff for several years now.  They have met my needs
just
> fine.  People need to remember that they are SHELLS that NEED to be
> enhanced.  So I enhanced them...  Did I have to tweak some stuff.  Sure I
> had to tweak some stuff.  Who doesn't need to tweak some stuff.  The last
> tweak for a customer was 4 days ago.  <G>

> Jerry Duke has also enhanced them quite a bit and fixed some basic design
> problems (for some uses) over the years and the code is significantly
> different now than it was back then.  But, they are STILL shells only with
> BASIC functionality YOU need to enhance.  <G>    However, the basic
> structure and functionality is there ready to be enhanced into whatever
you
> want.  Some enhancements on top of the existing shells will take a LOT of
> work and some enhancements will NOT take a lot of work.

> My next ongoing project is going to be taking the Enterprise Edition
> (Modularized) and go through it and enhance it all over again.  I will end
> up with a nice system that will compete nicely with MS Great Plains.  <G>

> --
> ---- (;-)}
> Regards,
> Earl R Coker

> www.kwiksystems.com
> www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (Clarion Templates & Utilities by Bo
> Schmitz)
> http://home.centurytel.net/Comsoft7/comsoft7.htm (Screen Shots of Bo's
> Stuff)

Sun, 15 May 2005 06:36:34 GMT

1. python-friendly web hosts: buyer beware

2. ComCode Accounts Shells

3. ComCode price increase

4. Comcode / Soft-It Accounting Software

5. VisualAge users VisualAge users VisualAge users.

6. Multi-User Database application (max 5 users) Cross platform Mac OS9 - OSX - Windows

7. WIN2000 users and non users

8. CW4 - User friendly vs. friendly user

9. Multi user interface - picking user and work directory !

10. Algol 68 users/user groups?

11. Question to synplicity users and other not Leonardo users,

12. PIWGs - USer time vs User + System