Outputting 'Raw' printer data
Author Message
 Outputting 'Raw' printer data

Bit of a long shot and dual question, but can I capture a test print from a
colour printer (hex code, I presume) store it in a clarion application and
the output it again and again to a test printer ?

If yes, could I do the same thing with a clarion for dos application and
send the data to the printer from DOS ?

Bit off beam I know but grateful for any input.

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:10:18 GMT
 Outputting 'Raw' printer data
If it is a local printer (Not USB) could you use the copy command ?  "Copy
/b file.prn lpt1"

Quote:
> Bit of a long shot and dual question, but can I capture a test print from
> colour printer (hex code, I presume) store it in a clarion application and
> the output it again and again to a test printer ?

> If yes, could I do the same thing with a clarion for dos application and
> send the data to the printer from DOS ?

> Bit off beam I know but grateful for any input.

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:45:40 GMT
 Outputting 'Raw' printer data
This will work with a network printer if you use \\myserver\printername
instead of lpt1.

To create your file, simply set the port in the driver to file and print it.
Having captured to a file, it should be easy to print it by sending raw data
to the printer.

Quote:
> If it is a local printer (Not USB) could you use the copy command ?  "Copy
> /b file.prn lpt1"

> > Bit of a long shot and dual question, but can I capture a test print
from
> > colour printer (hex code, I presume) store it in a clarion application
and
> > the output it again and again to a test printer ?

> > If yes, could I do the same thing with a clarion for dos application and
> > send the data to the printer from DOS ?

> > Bit off beam I know but grateful for any input.

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:53:37 GMT

1. Extract data from radius's raw data

2. Beginner's Q: Lisp Output to Printer

3. MkDir(*CSTRING),SHORT,RAW,NAME('_mkdir')

4. Read in 'raw'-mode

5. DATA jhlf,jhlg/'f','g'/

6. Data format of vutil's output

7. Windows Printer's and DOS aplication's

8. 'split' creates extra output

9. Undetermined Output in 'X' state

10. Redefining 'Class'Output

11. capture 'system' output