Virus alert - I just got 3 mails w/ this, norton caught it
Author Message
 Virus alert - I just got 3 mails w/ this, norton caught it

addresses, purporting to have been sent by Microsoft

following extensions:

  a.. .wab
  b.. .dbx
  c.. .htm
  d.. .html
  e.. .eml
  f.. .txt

Email Routine Details
The email message has the following characteristics:

Subject: The subject line will be one of the following:
  a.. Your details
  b.. Approved (Ref: 38446-263)
  c.. Re: Approved (Ref: 3394-65467)
  d.. Your password
  e.. Re: My details
  f.. Screensaver
  g.. Cool screensaver
  h.. Re: Movie
  i.. Re: My application

Message Body: All information is in the attached file.

  a.. your_details.pif
  b.. ref-394755.pif
  c.. approved.pif
  d.. password.pif
  e.. doc_details.pif
  f.. screen_temp.pif
  g.. screen_doc.pif
  h.. movie28.pif
  i.. application.pif

Refer to the Technical Details section of this writeup for the
characteristics of the email message.

NOTES:
  a.. The worm de-activates on May 31, 2003, and therefore, the last day on
which the worm will spread is May 30, 2003.
  b.. Virus definitions dated prior to May 19, 2003 may detect this threat

--
Kevin B. Erskine, Owner
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:25:31 GMT
 Virus alert - I just got 3 mails w/ this, norton caught it
Hi Kevin,

On Wed, 21 May 2003 06:25:31 -0700, "Kevin Erskine"

I get this every now and then as well as the microsoft security virus.
Got two of that this morning.  NAV catches this every time:)

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:50:46 GMT
 Virus alert - I just got 3 mails w/ this, norton caught it
Mailwasher sees it before NAV (usually).  And MW has a really nice feature,
you can read the first 20 or so lines of the message, usually safe as you
have to open the whole message to activate the virus.

Between these two programs chances of getting infected is near zero.
--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com

Hi Kevin,

I get this every now and then as well as the microsoft security virus.
Got two of that this morning.  NAV catches this every time:)

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:13:58 GMT

1. Norton Virus Alert

2. Norton Virus Alert...(W32.Nimda.enc)

3. Product Support Services - Moderate Security Alert - Virus Alert: Klez-E

4. Finding senders e-mail addressfor virus mail, Filtering

5. Virus Alert - Back on line after e-mail virus.

6. Dyalog vs Norton Anti-virus

7. Clarion, RPM and Norton Anti-Virus

8. Beware CW4 and Norton Anti virus 2001

9. ** WARNING ** Norton Anti Virus DEBUGer bug

10. Norton AV 2001 has fixed virus signature bug for swig.bat

11. Do I need TO disable Norton Anti=Virus Wnen I'm going to install updates

12. norton anti virus renewal time?