C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update
Author Message
 C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update

Hi all!

I have a browse which has a primary file, a child
and a grandchild.  The update form called from the
Browse updates the Parent file "normally" and also
updates the child and grandchild through two
EditInPlace procedures.

To refresh the child and grandchild upon returning
from the update, I set a local variable (myflag)
in the update procedure which returns "true" if
the ReturnValue=RequestCompleted coming out of the
EditInPlace.  If myflag is true at the
ThisWindow.Kill, then GlobalResponse is set to
RequestCompleted.  In the browse Procedure, the
value of GlobalResponse is evaluated at
ThisWindow.Run and, if equal to RequestCompleted,
I call ThisWindow.Reset(1).

This solved my child and grandchild refreshing
problem but has introduced another problem.  Now,
the highlight bar in the parent file returns to
the first record in the queue, while the child and
grandchild lists remain at the previously updated
record!  I would like the highlight to remain on
the record which was just updated.

Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

Val Lynn
Balamara Technologies
**NT, C4a, DataModeller and Alot of Moxie.**

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update

Hi Val,
Before you call the first update procedure for the child, save the
current position of the browse, using a local variable.  Before you do
ThisWindow.Reset(1), restore the browse to the saved postion.

LOC:Position = Position(BRW1.View)

Reget(BRW1.View,LOC:Position)

HTH

Quote:

--
Jim Katz
CTO iTradeZone,Inc.

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update

Jim,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  The bad news is that it didn;t
work; the good news is that it probably would if I were a better
programmer!!  The work-around was to move some code out of the
ThisWindow.Run method and place it in the ResetFromAsk method (namely, the

    IF GlobalResponse=RequestCompleted
        ThisWindow.Reset(1)
    END

I am not pretending to understand it...only trying to make my app work.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Val

Quote:

> Hi Val,
> Before you call the first update procedure for the child, save the
> current position of the browse, using a local variable.  Before you do
> ThisWindow.Reset(1), restore the browse to the saved postion.

> LOC:Position = Position(BRW1.View)

> Reget(BRW1.View,LOC:Position)

> HTH

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Highlight record on list with QUEUE

2. Moving a browse highlight bar to a record

3. C4a-ABC: Update Record from browse window.

4. Highlight first record on the browse

5. Browser jumps to first record after update

6. C4b: Error:ViewOpenError after returning from update child-record

7. Wont stay on record when returning from update

8. Return to record in browse after update

9. Selecting record when returning from update form

10. C4a: moving the scroll bar

11. C4A problem: Return from update to browse current record changed.

12. C4a: Btrieve Record Manager