Credit Card Authorization Software.
Author Message
 Credit Card Authorization Software.

Is anyone using credit card authorization software with a clarion app?

If so what are you using and how easy/hard was it to interface to your app?

Thankyou for your time.

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Credit Card Authorization Software.
Hi Jay-

Check out the Active X component from Blue Squirell.  I've been using it for
a prototype for some cc stuff and works pretty well.  Couple of things you
should know:

1.  It's not royalty free. ($249 per)
2.  It works very well with C5 so far and works with just about all the
major players like {*filter*}Cash, IC Verify, etc.

HTH,

Doug

ps. the url is www.bluesquirrel.com

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Credit Card Authorization Software.

Quote:

> Is anyone using credit card authorization software with a clarion app?

> If so what are you using and how easy/hard was it to interface to your app?

Im using PC Charge to run my charges. They (www.gosoftinc.com) have a product
called ActiveCharge that has ASCII file, DLL, OCX and DDE interfaces. PC
Charge uses the same code supposedly. Provantage.com has their software and
its pretty reasonable.

Best of all, you can validate cards over the net rather than having to
disconnect to dial a 2400 baud validation system. Really fast.

I havent started using activecharge yet, but I plan to add it to my apps
after the first of the year.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Credit Card Authorization Software.
Hi,

If you would like to know whether the credit card number punched in is a
valid one, here is the formula:-

the first digit on a CC#, indicates what type of card it is (a 5 means
master card, 4 Visa, 3 American Expres...) the first 3-6 digits are the
bank ID code... and then for Master Card's you can have either 13-16
digits... a CC# (16 digit) would appear like this 548559XXXXXXXXXC ok the
548559 is the Bank ID code for CitiBank, the X's are just random digits, (0
- 9) and the C is the check digit.

To generate a CC#, take your bank ID code (for our case [I like to use
CitiBank] it will be 548559) and then for 16 digit CC#'s, generate 9 random
digits... see below
  _______________________________________ Odd Digits (1st 3rd etc.)
 /   /   /   /  |   \   \   \
|   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
V   V   V   V   V   V   V   V
5 4 8 5 5 9 2 4 3 2 5 7 6 8 9 C
  ^   ^   ^   ^   ^   ^   ^
  |   |   |   |   |   |   |
   \   \   \  |  /   /   /
    ------------------------------------ Even digits (2d 4th etc.)

ok, first you take all the odd digits (the digits in odd places [look
above]) and you multiply each one by 2, now if the result is higher than
nine, you subtract nine... (i.e. 5 * 2 = 10; 10 - 9 = 1) now you do this
for all of the odd placed digits... you add up the results, then you add up
the even digits (don't multiply them by 2 or any of that crap) now take the
next highest multiple of 10, and subtract the highest from the lowest and
VOILA! your checkdigit... now you have a valid CC#  below I will go through
the steps for getting the checksum digit of the CC# above (in the example)

5*2=10;9-10=1
8*2=16;16-9=7
5*2=10;10-9=1
2*2=4
3*3=6
5*2=10;10-9=1
6*2=12;9-12=3
9*2=18;18-9=9
1+7+1+4+6+1+3+9=32
4+5+9+4+2+7+8=39
39+32=71
Next highest multiple of 10 is 80
80-71=9
check digit is 9
CC# is 5485592432576899

Quote:
> Is anyone using credit card authorization software with a clarion app?

> If so what are you using and how easy/hard was it to interface to your
app?

> Thankyou for your time.

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Credit Card Authorization

2. Credit card authorization module needed

3. Replacing ICVerify for Credit Card Authorizations

4. PC Charge for credit card software - question?

5. credit card reader coding for Point Of Sales software

6. APL94 and credit cards

7. ACCEPT MAJOR CREDIT CARDS !!!!!!

8. ACCEPT MAJOR CREDIT CARDS !!!!!!

9. Credit card charging code

10. Credit card validation

11. Accept credit cards online at only 9.1% service charge 6630