Cheap NT 3.5 Workstation edition
Author Message
 Cheap NT 3.5 Workstation edition

Surplus Direct has NT 3.5 Workstation on sale this week for $99.00
(www.surplusdirect.com)

Is that a good value for someone considering "upgrading" from WfWg to
NT? (I'm a little cynical about MS <g>)  It certainly seems that it
would make upgrading from 3.5 to 4.01 pretty affordable.  Any
caveats/gotchas about version 3.5 when used in conjunction with CW
2.002?

Thanks,
Brett C. Cammack - Consulting Developer
TopSpeed Corporation

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cheap NT 3.5 Workstation edition

I just checked the www reference and it says $189.99 for the price and
the version says NT 3.5 - not NT 3.51. If it is indeed 3.5 then this
is NOT a good deal as that version is quite out of date!

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 09:15:00 -0700, Brett Cammack

Quote:

>Surplus Direct has NT 3.5 Workstation on sale this week for $99.00
>(www.surplusdirect.com)

>Is that a good value for someone considering "upgrading" from WfWg to
>NT? (I'm a little cynical about MS <g>)  It certainly seems that it
>would make upgrading from 3.5 to 4.01 pretty affordable.  Any
>caveats/gotchas about version 3.5 when used in conjunction with CW
>2.002?

>Thanks,
>Brett C. Cammack - Consulting Developer
>TopSpeed Corporation

----
Gary Johnson - Overland Park, KS
Magness Vertical Systems, Inc.

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cheap NT 3.5 Workstation edition

I assume you mean 3.51. I used NT 3.51 workstation for it seems like a
year for my Clarion development platform with no problems of note. CW
16 bit debug does not run on it, but it doesn't on 4.0 either. Sounds
like a good way to get introduced to NT, if you do not need the win95
interface. The interface is very much like WFW 3.11 with some
additions.

----
Gary Johnson - Overland Park, KS
Magness Vertical Systems, Inc.

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cheap NT 3.5 Workstation edition

Quote:

> I just checked the www reference and it says $189.99 for the price and
> the version says NT 3.5 - not NT 3.51. If it is indeed 3.5 then this
> is NOT a good deal as that version is quite out of date!

You have to look at the weekly deals, not the straight Software
inventory under Operating Systems.  Says it's good until 4/20.  I guess
I should inquire as to whether or not it's 3.51 if I commit to ordering.

Regards,
Brett C. Cammack - Consulting Developer
TopSpeed Corporation

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cheap NT 3.5 Workstation edition

A couple of bugs I have reported regarding running 32 bits (CW 2.002)
applications on NT 3.5x:

The right and bottum part of a double window frame, will end up inside the
window area instead of around the window area. The frame may cover controls
on the window.

Several 3D effects will not show. Check boxes and radio buttons, are just
some of the elements that lack the 3D effect.

Geir Hansen
Nordic Innovator AS

> Any caveats/gotchas about version 3.5
> when used in conjunction with CW 2.002?

> Thanks,
> Brett C. Cammack - Consulting Developer
> TopSpeed Corporation

Sun, 03 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW 2003 and NT 3.5 (Golden Oldies)

2. VW2 connect to Oracle using Named Pipes (NT 3.5)

3. Using Brequest with Windows NT 3.5 or 4.0

4. Windows NT 3.5 Illegal Instruction

5. Error 4 in Personal REXX Under Windows NT 3.5

6. Anybody get MFCOBOL working on NT 3.5

7. How to install sybtcl in window NT 3.5

8. NT Server Slow, NT Workstation Fast

9. NT Workstation or NT Server?

10. NT Server + NT Workstation + ADS problem.

11. Cheap NT SDK For use with GNAT/NT

12. Offer new and cheap CLARION ENTERPRISE EDITION 5 !!!