Funny thing happening with Super Invoice
Author Message
 Funny thing happening with Super Invoice

Using C55EE (D), ABC, Windows 2000.

I have a Parent file, and a child file.

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:23:24 GMT
 Funny thing happening with Super Invoice
Using C55EE (D), ABC, Windows 2000.

I have a Parent file, and a child file.

On a form, i have the parent file, and child file in a browse, using Super
Invoice for the child. And also using EIP.

Now, here's the problem.
I Insert a new parent, fill in the details. Then i Insert a new child, do a
lookup in the Products file, and save the entire thing.
When i then go and Change the parent, the child record is still there, but
the Product number is set to 0 (Zero). but the rest is still there. If i
then change the child record, do a new lookup, and retrieve the product
number. and save everything, and change the parent again, it's ok, the
product number go saved.

I'we tried omitting code, and trying to find any reference to where the
product number could get blanked, but i cant find anything.

This has worked once. but somhow it has gotten F... Up.

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:38:24 GMT
 Funny thing happening with Super Invoice
Hello Oddmar,
I don't have super-invoice and this may be totally off base, but do you have
'must be in file' checked for the dictionary field in the child file?  It
may be that the parent hasn't actually been 'written to file' yet when you
are trying to write the child record, and then RI kicks in to eliminate what
it thinks is a bogus entry.
Best,
Dave Sperling

Quote:
> Using C55EE (D), ABC, Windows 2000.

> I have a Parent file, and a child file.

> On a form, i have the parent file, and child file in a browse, using Super
> Invoice for the child. And also using EIP.

> Now, here's the problem.
> I Insert a new parent, fill in the details. Then i Insert a new child, do
> lookup in the Products file, and save the entire thing.
> When i then go and Change the parent, the child record is still there, but
> the Product number is set to 0 (Zero). but the rest is still there. If i
> then change the child record, do a new lookup, and retrieve the product
> number. and save everything, and change the parent again, it's ok, the
> product number go saved.

> I'we tried omitting code, and trying to find any reference to where the
> product number could get blanked, but i cant find anything.

> This has worked once. but somhow it has gotten F... Up.

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:37:54 GMT

1. Super Tagging and Super Invoice

2. Record order in browse box using Super Invoice

3. Super Invoice Template Question

4. Super Invoice .vs. PowerBrowse

5. ALIAS Function with Super Invoice Template

6. What happened to the funny characters?

7. Another funny thing about GAWK

8. Another Funny Thing

9. Funny thing

10. It's a funny thing about MEMOs

11. Funny thing about date() -

12. Funny thing about date() - ARexx 1.15