Clarion 4b Report Writer
Author Message
 Clarion 4b Report Writer

I am trying to "Clone" a report by importing the report from another report
directory. It seems to go thru the motions but, I never get to actually pick
a report to import.

Any help on how to use an existing report to create another report chich
closely resembels it would be greatly appreciated.

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 4b Report Writer
Scott,

If all else fails, you could always get down and dirty by 'cutting and
pasting' the report since report files are text files anyway.

Simply cut the report definition from the upper part of the file, and don't
forget to cut the view definition near the end of the file. Then paste it
to another TXR.

Regards
Rudy Sujanto

Quote:
> I am trying to "Clone" a report by importing the report from another
report
> directory. It seems to go thru the motions but, I never get to actually
pick
> a report to import.

> Any help on how to use an existing report to create another report chich
> closely resembels it would be greatly appreciated.

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 4b Report Writer
You could also simply do a selective export, export only the report you want
to a TXA and then re-import it with a different name (you will be prompted
for this) - then change what needs changing.

Daan

Quote:

>Scott,

>If all else fails, you could always get down and dirty by 'cutting and
>pasting' the report since report files are text files anyway.

>Simply cut the report definition from the upper part of the file, and don't
>forget to cut the view definition near the end of the file. Then paste it
>to another TXR.

>Regards
>Rudy Sujanto

>> I am trying to "Clone" a report by importing the report from another
>report
>> directory. It seems to go thru the motions but, I never get to actually
>pick
>> a report to import.

>> Any help on how to use an existing report to create another report chich
>> closely resembels it would be greatly appreciated.

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion Report Writer 4b

2. Crystal Reports 5.0 And Clarion 4b (Legacy)

3. Report Problems - Clarion 4b

4. Problem with .jpg files on Clarion 4b report

5. Clarion Report Writer Bug?

6. Clarion Report Writer - Office 2000 (ODBC)

7. Clarion Report Writer

8. Clarion's Report Writer

9. Clarion Report Writer

10. Sending output from Clarion Report Writer for windows to a file

11. Clarion 4 report writer

12. Clarion Report Writer Problem