*&$%*&%$ OBDC!!!
Author Message
 *&$%*&%$ OBDC!!!

Hi folks,
I am access a file on an AS/400 using ODBC. I can access the file with
no problem, but whenever I try to update a record I get a "Record Not
Available" error. Any Ideas why? Thanks.

Wed, 17 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 *&$%*&%$ OBDC!!!
You may need to provide access rights to a journal file on the AS/400 side.
OR you can go to Global Properties, File Control and disable the RI
Transaction frame setting. The TopSpeed AS400 docs mention journalling
somewhere.

John

Quote:
> Hi folks,
> I am access a file on an AS/400 using ODBC. I can access the file with
> no problem, but whenever I try to update a record I get a "Record Not
> Available" error. Any Ideas why? Thanks.

Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:00:00 GMT
 *&$%*&%$ OBDC!!!
John, my sympathies!
Make sure you have a unique, primary key on table. I am not sure if this
applies any longer, but I found that including the key on the FILES section
of the update form also helps.

This will result in a correct SQL where clause for the update. Be *very*
careful about deleting records where you do not have a unique, primary key
on table. This could result in dangling members (orphans) and lots of
deletes you don't want.

--
Best regards
James Cooke

Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:00:00 GMT

1. OBDC & Crystal Report

2. ABC Templates @#$%^&*&&*&*!!!!!!

3. Cybersex--(*&$%*&(*&^% C programmers

4. hpux && snapshot && ./configure

5. TCL2C && MS VC++ && TCL8.0.3plus

6. Translating &

7. I am frustrated (*%^&^*&##

8. DataFlex & Q&A Conversion to Topspeed

9. Data Corruption in Clipper & Windows 2000

10. Clipper & R&R for Windows

11. R&R Report Writer & Report Smith

12. Flagship & Red Hat 8