Hide Browse Column (Another way?)
Author Message
 Hide Browse Column (Another way?)

Hi everyone,

How do I hide a browse column at runtime?  (I want to have a checkbox
determine whether the price column is shown or not.)

There was a thread earlier in the week (which for some reason I can't
completely read?) that suggested using
?List{PROPLIST:Width,ColumnNumber}, but this doesn't do anything with my
C55 WB app.

Any other ideas?

[L]

Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide Browse Column (Another way?)
Leroy,

Quote:
> How do I hide a browse column at runtime?  (I want to have a checkbox
> determine whether the price column is shown or not.)

> There was a thread earlier in the week (which for some reason I can't
> completely read?) that suggested using
> ?List{PROPLIST:Width,ColumnNumber},

That should work - check again.

Also, look at PROPList:Exists - but once you set it to 'false', then's no
returing to 'true', because the column doesn't exist anymore - hence you
can't reference it.

Brian Staff (Phoenix) - Team TopSpeed [CW]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BrianStaff/
http://www.bmtmicro.com/catalog/xplore.html

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide Browse Column (Another way?)
Hi Leroy,

try this. it works nicely<g>!

Create enough local Cstring variables for the columns you want to manipulate
in your browse

then populate your cstrings with the column format
read the example in the onscreen help how do I? section called How to
display the sort field first on a multi key browse.

Now instead of doing this in a case statement or whatever

do this

and so on.

the you can do this

Case Choice(?CurrentTab)
    OF 1
        ?Browse:1{Prop:Format} = myCstringVar1 & myCstringVar2  !Displays
both
    OF 2
        ?Browse:1{Prop:Format} = myCstringVar2 & myCstringVar1 !Displays
both swapped order
    OF 3
        ?Browse:1{Prop:Format} = myCstringVar1 !Displays just 1 column with
other hidden
    OF 4
        ?Browse:1{Prop:Format} = myCstringVar2 !Displays just 1 column with
other hidden
    END

You just need to make sure your Cstrings are large enough to hold the
column(s) format string
and you can also have many browse columns in 1 Cstring ie this is still
legal

So in your case you should only need 2 Cstrings 1 large and 1 small for the
column you want to hide upon condition.

hth<g>

Richard

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> How do I hide a browse column at runtime?  (I want to have a checkbox
> determine whether the price column is shown or not.)

> There was a thread earlier in the week (which for some reason I can't
> completely read?) that suggested using
> ?List{PROPLIST:Width,ColumnNumber}, but this doesn't do anything with my
> C55 WB app.

> Any other ideas?

> [L]

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide Browse Column (Another way?)
Hi Brian,

This works well in a windows app, but doesn't make any difference on a C55
web app.  I'm thinking HTML doesn't like zero-width columns.

[L]

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide Browse Column (Another way?)
Thanks Richard, I'll give it a whirl.

[L]

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide Browse Column (Another way?)
Leroy,

Quote:
> This works well in a windows app, but doesn't make any difference on a C55
> web app.  I'm thinking HTML doesn't like zero-width columns.

You never mentioned 'web' in your original posting.

Brian Staff (Phoenix) - Team TopSpeed [CW]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BrianStaff/
http://www.bmtmicro.com/catalog/xplore.html

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hide Browse Column?

2. Hiding browse column

3. Hide Browse Columns Depending on Tab Selected

4. Hiding Columns in a browse

5. Help: using hidden columns with columns resizable in a list box

6. Browse Column resize causes browse crash

7. Hiding columns in TkTable

8. Hiding Container Details Columns

9. VA table - hide a column ?

10. Hide fields i a browse