Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
Author Message
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available

The Clarion 5 B Update for Enterprise Edition (Candidate Release 1) is now
available as a free download.

This patch program installs Candidate Release 1 of Clarion 5 Enterprise
Edition release "B". This is an upgrade installation, and as such you must
have Clarion 5 A Enterprise Edition installed  (either installed from CD or
updated with the patch).

The production version of Clarion 5 "B" is in the final phase of closedown.
We are distributing this candidate release to allow our users early access
to the new features and fixes, and to expand testing to a larger audience.

This release includes a "feature-complete" version of the Wizatrons. The
latest Wizatron documentation (including tutorials on using the Wizatrons)
are in the patch. Additionally, all the files needed for the tutorials are
included.

If you find any bugs or regressions, please post a report to the TopSpeed
News group: topspeed.products.c5ee.bugs

TopSpeed thanks our Team TopSpeed members, alpha testers, and all of our
users, for helping to make this the best RAD tool in the industry.

New Features
-------------------

This is a short list of some of the new features in this release.  A
complete list of fixes and enhancements is in the readme.

A "feature-complete" version of the Wizatrons is included in this release.
You will find full instructions on using them in the Wizatron Handbook. This
contains full documentation for the latest Wizatrons and tutorials.

In addition, a new utility--The Template Wizatron--has been added. This tool
extracts embedded  code from a procedure and creates a template from it.
You'll find this template writing tool  useful even when you are not using
Wizatrons

Regards,

Arthur Barrington
TopSpeed Corporation

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
The Clarion 5 B (Candidate Release 1) for Enterprise Edition update may be
downloaded at http://www.topspeed.com/tsprodupd.htm

Regards,

Arthur Barrington
TopSpeed Corporation

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
Has any one installed 5b ??
Comments?

Roger Clark

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
Hi Roger,

Quote:

>Has any one installed 5b ??
>Comments?

I downloaded it and attempted to install it, but it stopped midway with this
message:

"C5SQAXL.LIB" is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded.

It then did a rollback on the upgrade (good thinking on my part to select
the BACKUP FILES option <g>), but never did get it to install.

I sent email to Topspeed and am sure that I'll get a reply eventually.

Does anyone have any idea's?

Charles Edmonds

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
Please see corresponding thread on topspeed.products.C5ee newsgroup on
tsnews.clarion.com.

Regards,

Arthur Barrington
TopSpeed Corporation

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
After getting the REPLACE.ZIP, and re-registering my templates, it works
great.  Just started the Wizitron tutorials, LOTS OF CHANGES HERE...  I
wasnt really sure if I would ever use the Wizitrons, but now I'm sold on
them...

Bill Broyles

Quote:

>Has any one installed 5b ??
>Comments?

>Roger Clark

Wed, 07 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available

Quote:

>I wasnt really sure if I would ever use the Wizitrons, but now I'm sold
on
> them...

I felt/feel the same way. What feature(s) changed your mind?
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 07 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
Will there ever be a C5B for PE.

Ian

Wed, 07 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
Had you upgraded your version to C5EEA prior to attempting to install the
patch?

The patch will upgrade C5A installations...  If you have not get the C5a
patch from the Topspeed Website, install it and run the C5B patch again...

--
Tom Durso
Topspeed Corporation

Quote:

>Hi Arthur,

>Thanks for the valid attempt to help here.  I followed the thread in the
>other group and downloaded the REPLACE.ZIP file.  I backed up the three
>files from the \CLARION5\BIN directory and replaced them with the ones from
>the ZIP file.  When I attempted to install the c5ee-b-cr1.exe file that was
>downloaded, I still got the same error in the same place, the install
>aborted and rolled back to the pre-install condition.

>The error again was:

>"C5SQAXL.LIB" is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded.
>(screen shot attached).

>This file in my \CLARION5\LIB directory is 297K (under Windows 95 OSR2) and
>dated 2/26/99 at 1:19 PM.

>Any help that anyone could lend here would be appreciated.

>Thanks!

>Charles

>>Please see corresponding thread on topspeed.products.C5ee newsgroup on
>>tsnews.clarion.com.

>>Regards,

>>Arthur Barrington
>>TopSpeed Corporation

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available

Quote:
> Will there ever be a C5B for PE?

Yes, C5 B for Professional and Web Editions will be available following the
final release of C5 B for Enterprise Edition.

Regards,

Arthur Barrington
TopSpeed Corporation

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available

Quote:

>Had you upgraded your version to C5EEA prior to attempting to install the
patch?

>The patch will upgrade C5A installations...  If you have not get the C5a
>patch from the Topspeed Website, install it and run the C5B patch again...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the great advice!

Looks like I was the victim of a brain fart ...  (I know Earl, I'm getting
old ...VBG)

As I replied in the email to you, I had apparently downloaded but not
installed the C5A patch over the C5Acr.
I pulled down both the C5A Enterprise patch and the C5A Internet Connect EE
update and installed both.

Afterwards the C5Bcr installed just fine.

I did have to re-register my templates again (didn't I see a utility
somewhere that can do this automatically for you?) and I did have to
re-install CPCS reportwriter and had to re-run the FM2 template utility to
re-enable my support for File Manager from CapeSoft (as advertised).

Afterwards ... everything seems to be running fine.

Again, many thanks for the help!

Charles Edmonds

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 5 B for Enterprise Edition now available
On Mon, 24 May 1999 08:39:29 -0400, "Arthur Barrington"

Quote:

>> Will there ever be a C5B for PE?

>Yes, C5 B for Professional and Web Editions will be available following the
>final release of C5 B for Enterprise Edition.

Days, weeks or months ???

Ian

Quote:

>Regards,

>Arthur Barrington
>TopSpeed Corporation

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trade Delphi 5 Enterprise Edition for Clarion Web Edition with Web Broker

2. Offer Clarion 5 Enterprise edition for best price!!

3. Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition Beta1 newsgroups

4. Offer new and cheap CLARION ENTERPRISE EDITION 5 !!!

5. Clarion 5 Enterprise Edition full !!!

6. Clarion 5 Enterprise Edition !

7. Clarion 5 Evaluation Enterprise Edition

8. Clarion 5 Enterprise Edition - Service Release 1

9. Wanted: Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition

10. About clarion 5.0 Enterprise edition and Windows 2000 Professional

11. When will C4 Enterprise Edition be available?

12. CW50 Enterprise edition & professional edition