HelpScribble
Author Message
 HelpScribble

Hi,

Is there anyone who is using HelpScribble? I purchased the product and
generated a help file for an app. I placed the name in the help prompt on
the application properties. At the procedure level help prompts I have tried
to place, for example, ~form1, ~'form1', '~form1'. I have tried to use topic
numbers such as, ~10 for main and ~20 for form1.

The help file always opens to the first help screen with a message, "Topic
not found with an errorcode number"

I am wondering if this product works with Clarion.

Thanks for any insight that can be shared.

Loren

Sun, 15 May 2005 22:17:21 GMT
 HelpScribble
Usually in the help properties in the window, clarion use the name of the
procedure.

Then in Help Scribble you must use the same name in the index editor in the
keywords, then associate this name with the help topic.

it's no necesary use ~ or any special

I hope this usefull for you.

www.osi2001.com

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there anyone who is using HelpScribble? I purchased the product and
> generated a help file for an app. I placed the name in the help prompt on
> the application properties. At the procedure level help prompts I have
tried
> to place, for example, ~form1, ~'form1', '~form1'. I have tried to use
topic
> numbers such as, ~10 for main and ~20 for form1.

> The help file always opens to the first help screen with a message, "Topic
> not found with an errorcode number"

> I am wondering if this product works with Clarion.

> Thanks for any insight that can be shared.

> Loren

Sun, 15 May 2005 22:24:11 GMT
 HelpScribble
H i Loren -
I have been using HelpScribble fro several years with Clarion Apps.
I assign a unique Id to each function/procedure/window which does two
things for me:
- Allows me to identify the window a user is looking at when a
question os acked or a problem identified
- Use the Screen.Id as a KeyWord in the help file.  The Screen Id is
also placed in the Help.Id for the window.

In my opinion HelpScribble is a GOOD tool.  Short of writing the help
document for me, it does everything I've need to get done.
Guy

Quote:
>Hi,

>Is there anyone who is using HelpScribble? I purchased the product and
>generated a help file for an app. I placed the name in the help prompt on
>the application properties. At the procedure level help prompts I have tried
>to place, for example, ~form1, ~'form1', '~form1'. I have tried to use topic
>numbers such as, ~10 for main and ~20 for form1.

>The help file always opens to the first help screen with a message, "Topic
>not found with an errorcode number"

>I am wondering if this product works with Clarion.

>Thanks for any insight that can be shared.

>Loren

B.I.S.Inc

Sun, 15 May 2005 22:33:24 GMT
 HelpScribble
Thanks folks...I have it worked out....I appreciate it!

Loren

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there anyone who is using HelpScribble? I purchased the product and
> generated a help file for an app. I placed the name in the help prompt on
> the application properties. At the procedure level help prompts I have
tried
> to place, for example, ~form1, ~'form1', '~form1'. I have tried to use
topic
> numbers such as, ~10 for main and ~20 for form1.

> The help file always opens to the first help screen with a message, "Topic
> not found with an errorcode number"

> I am wondering if this product works with Clarion.

> Thanks for any insight that can be shared.

> Loren

Sun, 15 May 2005 23:42:04 GMT