~FILE (long file name)
Author Message
 ~FILE (long file name)

After getting the file dropped just... use the LONGPATH() function on it

LONGPATH Returns the fully-qualified long filename for a given short
filename.

shortfilename A string constant, variable, or expression that specifies the
DOS standard filename to convert. This may include the complete path. If
omitted, LONGPATH returns the current drive and directory in long name form.

The LONGPATH procedure returns the long filename for a given short filename.
The file named in the shortfilename parameter must already exist on disk.

--
 Kevin

***
 Name    : Kevin B. Erskine, Owner, TopSpeed Certified Clarion Professional

 ICQ     : 10761812 [ http://www.*-*-*.com/ ] v99a-beta
 WebSite : http://www.*-*-*.com/
 Phone # : 415-331-6003 (Pacific Standard Time)
 Location: Beautiful Sausalito, California, USA

***
 "Begin a new era of productivity..."? '96-00 Software By Ragazzi(tm)

***

Quote:
> I am using the dropid() of ~FILE.  I am dragging a Word document from
> Explorer onto a Clarion 2.003 (32bit application) field.  Each time, it
> converts the long filename to the DOS file name with the tilde(~).

> Is there anyway to have it retain the long file name??

> Please advise.

> Thanks...Mike

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ~FILE (long file name)
I am using the dropid() of ~FILE.  I am dragging a Word document from
Explorer onto a Clarion 2.003 (32bit application) field.  Each time, it
converts the long filename to the DOS file name with the tilde(~).

Is there anyway to have it retain the long file name??

Please advise.

Thanks...Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ~FILE (long file name)
Quote:

> Is there anyway to have it retain the long file name??

Upgrade to c5 and call longpath()
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. (VA 4.02b) using long file names for Envy file attachments

2. File Dialog & Long File Names

3. Using Long File Names (TPS Files) in Clarion

4. Long File name FILE()

5. DOS File Lookup - just the file name, not the path AND file name

6. How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

7. long file names in J3

8. VST: Long file names under Win32s?

9. RB and long file names

10. Win95 long file names & PowerBasic