Windows - Browse using Region?
Author Message
 Windows - Browse using Region?

Hi all,

    I have an application which starts with a Window Procedure - not a Frame
with Menus. I wish to place a region across the entire Window in which there
are graphic pictures representing modules that the user can select. Using
MOUSEX() and MOUSEY() I wish to access the routines or procedures depending
on their mouse click location. I tried using this method to access a browse
as the first procedure and it did not work.

IF MOUSEX() > 10 AND MOUSEX() < 50
  IF MOUSEY() > 10 AND MOUSEY() < 50
    PHONE_EXT
  END
END

    My first Window (WINDOW) uses "Window Setting" as the Window Behaviour.

    If my Second Window (BROWSE) uses either "Window Setting" or "MDI" I get
the following error :

    Unable to open MDI window (No Application active)
    Do you want to GPF
    Yes/NO

    If my Second Window (BROWSE) uses either "Normal" or "Modal" I get the
procedure to work but to exit the screen I need to press escape twice!

    Does anyone know if there is a better way of launching procedures from a
base window screen or if there is a fix for this? Any suggestions much
appreciated.

Trevor Smith
Spaceframe Buildings Pty Ltd
CW5b Pro. running on Win98SE (Celeron 500)

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows - Browse using Region?
MDI window is a child window - cant have a child with out a parent
frame.  For the most part for the most normal behavior I would probably
choose modal and only allow one window other than the main window open
at once.  I'm not quite sure why pressing esc twice is necessary - I
rather suppect it has something to do with what is on the window.
---------------------------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Selecting region in Browse

2. Sort browse on Regions cw55 EE

3. Dynamic Browse resizing with a region control

4. Region within a region???

5. Drawing a Focus Ring using Regions

6. different filters on one browse or multiple browse windows in one main window

7. Using Windows DLLs NOT Created in Clarion for Windows

8. USING ASSEMBLER WITH WINDOWS/W95/WINDOWS NT

9. Using DIRECT I/O on Windows NT using FPS

10. Tk on Windows uses different font than native Windows applications

11. browse listbox using arrow and click problem

12. Record order in browse box using Super Invoice