TEXT control on report doesn't print all the text
Author Message
 TEXT control on report doesn't print all the text

First, many thanks to the people to have helped me with Clarion
problems over the years. Without your help I may have just driven to
southern Mexico and became a beach bum...

Anyway, I have a detail line on my report and it contains one control,
a text box. I have specified DEFAULT for both the height of the detail
line and the height of the control itself (as well as other
combinations). But nothing I do gets the entire text to print: the
control does not "expand" to a size to print the many lines contained
in the text itself. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again,
Grady Bradley

Sun, 04 Dec 2005 07:40:51 GMT
 TEXT control on report doesn't print all the text
Right click on the text control to bring up the properties for the control,
Have a look around in there until you see something that looks promising.
If you don't understand what the options are for, press the help button.

Regards,
Geoff Bomford
www.comformark.com.au
Computer services For Marketing

Quote:
> First, many thanks to the people to have helped me with Clarion
> problems over the years. Without your help I may have just driven to
> southern Mexico and became a beach bum...

> Anyway, I have a detail line on my report and it contains one control,
> a text box. I have specified DEFAULT for both the height of the detail
> line and the height of the control itself (as well as other
> combinations). But nothing I do gets the entire text to print: the
> control does not "expand" to a size to print the many lines contained
> in the text itself. What am I doing wrong?

> Thanks again,
> Grady Bradley

Sun, 04 Dec 2005 07:53:10 GMT
 TEXT control on report doesn't print all the text
There's a property on the control labeled "resize" or something like that -
it causes the control to expand for the text.

Quote:
> First, many thanks to the people to have helped me with Clarion
> problems over the years. Without your help I may have just driven to
> southern Mexico and became a beach bum...

> Anyway, I have a detail line on my report and it contains one control,
> a text box. I have specified DEFAULT for both the height of the detail
> line and the height of the control itself (as well as other
> combinations). But nothing I do gets the entire text to print: the
> control does not "expand" to a size to print the many lines contained
> in the text itself. What am I doing wrong?

> Thanks again,
> Grady Bradley

Sun, 04 Dec 2005 09:01:05 GMT
 TEXT control on report doesn't print all the text
Detail Band Height = Default
Text control Height = FULL

Quote:
>First, many thanks to the people to have helped me with Clarion
>problems over the years. Without your help I may have just driven to
>southern Mexico and became a beach bum...

>Anyway, I have a detail line on my report and it contains one control,
>a text box. I have specified DEFAULT for both the height of the detail
>line and the height of the control itself (as well as other
>combinations). But nothing I do gets the entire text to print: the
>control does not "expand" to a size to print the many lines contained
>in the text itself. What am I doing wrong?

>Thanks again,
>Grady Bradley

Sun, 04 Dec 2005 09:11:37 GMT
 TEXT control on report doesn't print all the text
this is the one.

Quote:
> Right click on the text control to bring up the properties for the
control,
> Have a look around in there until you see something that looks promising.
> If you don't understand what the options are for, press the help button.

> Regards,
> Geoff Bomford
> www.comformark.com.au
> Computer services For Marketing

> > First, many thanks to the people to have helped me with Clarion
> > problems over the years. Without your help I may have just driven to
> > southern Mexico and became a beach bum...

> > Anyway, I have a detail line on my report and it contains one control,
> > a text box. I have specified DEFAULT for both the height of the detail
> > line and the height of the control itself (as well as other
> > combinations). But nothing I do gets the entire text to print: the
> > control does not "expand" to a size to print the many lines contained
> > in the text itself. What am I doing wrong?

> > Thanks again,
> > Grady Bradley

Sun, 04 Dec 2005 11:02:19 GMT

1. Text control in report not printing full height

2. Printing a text control with embedded TAB'S

3. Color of Hilighted text in Text Control

4. Retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control

5. text.text and Hex display on string controls

6. printing text of a text widget

7. Change text on string control in report writer

8. Cant embed formatting in report text control?

9. Reports, Text Controls & CRLFs

10. Prop:Height on Text control in a Report

11. Mouse wheel doesn't scroll text scroll bar

12. regexp: matching word that doesn't being with specific text