Clarion + MSSQL Service Pack 3 = Considerable Performance Slowdown??? 
Author Message
 Clarion + MSSQL Service Pack 3 = Considerable Performance Slowdown???

Has anyone else had a problem of slow performance with Clarion or
other applications after applying MS SQL Service Pack 3?

We had a job that ran 8 hours before SP3 and over 56 hours after SP3.

Diane Asberry
Grinnell InfoSystems



Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:01:35 GMT  
 Clarion + MSSQL Service Pack 3 = Considerable Performance Slowdown???
It hasn't turned tracing on has it?

What are you doing that takes 8(56) Hrs?

Geoff Bomford
www.comformark.com.au
Computer services For Marketing


Quote:
> Has anyone else had a problem of slow performance with Clarion or
> other applications after applying MS SQL Service Pack 3?

> We had a job that ran 8 hours before SP3 and over 56 hours after SP3.

> Diane Asberry
> Grinnell InfoSystems



Tue, 09 Aug 2005 06:42:19 GMT  
 Clarion + MSSQL Service Pack 3 = Considerable Performance Slowdown???


Quote:
>Has anyone else had a problem of slow performance with Clarion or
>other applications after applying MS SQL Service Pack 3?

>We had a job that ran 8 hours before SP3 and over 56 hours after SP3.

What OS is the server running on?  I have a local server running on XP
Pro for testing purposes.  It is sometimes an absolute dog.

Rick Smith



Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:55:38 GMT  
 Clarion + MSSQL Service Pack 3 = Considerable Performance Slowdown???
Geoff,

Where would I look to see if tracing had been turned on?

We have a major conversion process that is reading a combination of
ASCII files and old Clarion 2.1 flat files and creating a SQL
database.  These files contain several years worth of data and there
is considerable processing, verification, and restructuring of the
information taking place as it is being converted.

Diane

Quote:

> It hasn't turned tracing on has it?

> What are you doing that takes 8(56) Hrs?

> Geoff Bomford
> www.comformark.com.au
> Computer services For Marketing



> > Has anyone else had a problem of slow performance with Clarion or
> > other applications after applying MS SQL Service Pack 3?

> > We had a job that ran 8 hours before SP3 and over 56 hours after SP3.

> > Diane Asberry
> > Grinnell InfoSystems



Wed, 10 Aug 2005 05:55:59 GMT  
 Clarion + MSSQL Service Pack 3 = Considerable Performance Slowdown???
Rick,

We have tested our applications using NT and Windows 2000.  We are
having the same results with both operating systems.  And both worked
quite well before upgrading to SQL Service Pack 3.

Diane

Quote:



> >Has anyone else had a problem of slow performance with Clarion or
> >other applications after applying MS SQL Service Pack 3?

> >We had a job that ran 8 hours before SP3 and over 56 hours after SP3.

> What OS is the server running on?  I have a local server running on XP
> Pro for testing purposes.  It is sometimes an absolute dog.

> Rick Smith



Wed, 10 Aug 2005 05:59:07 GMT  
 Clarion + MSSQL Service Pack 3 = Considerable Performance Slowdown???
In the ODBC administrator for the computer running your app.  I imported
some data from TPS and it was running like a dog, expected it to take all
night, decided to check if tracing was on, switched it off and import
competed in about 10 minutes!

Make sure you are using Stream and Flush and/or logout in your code to
import the data.  (On the TPS and ASCII files)

If you can use Enterprise Manager to import the ASCII data you will find
that is quicker than your Clarion app, maybe you can manipulate the data
after the import?

Geoff Bomford
www.comformark.com.au
Computer services For Marketing


Quote:
> Geoff,

> Where would I look to see if tracing had been turned on?

> We have a major conversion process that is reading a combination of
> ASCII files and old Clarion 2.1 flat files and creating a SQL
> database.  These files contain several years worth of data and there
> is considerable processing, verification, and restructuring of the
> information taking place as it is being converted.

> Diane




Quote:
> > It hasn't turned tracing on has it?

> > What are you doing that takes 8(56) Hrs?

> > Geoff Bomford
> > www.comformark.com.au
> > Computer services For Marketing



> > > Has anyone else had a problem of slow performance with Clarion or
> > > other applications after applying MS SQL Service Pack 3?

> > > We had a job that ran 8 hours before SP3 and over 56 hours after SP3.

> > > Diane Asberry
> > > Grinnell InfoSystems



Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:07:50 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Clarion slow under NT service pack 6

2. Clarion 2003 and Windows NT4 (Service Pack 3)

3. PHP mssql performance problems - hanging and timing out

4. Getting version info on Service Packs

5. MS Service Pack

6. Windows95 Service Pack 1 problems with network speed

7. unable to install service packs

8. NT Service Pack 6 & TPS

9. Service Pack Required NOW ! CW 4 Bugs

10. CW4 Service Pack

11. NT 4.0 w/Service Pack 3?????

12. Internet Connect and NT 3.51 service pack 4

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software