Tabs, Tabs, Tabs!!
Author Message
 Tabs, Tabs, Tabs!!

Hi everyone

I have a sheet control with a variable No of tab controls (They're be
created on the fly).  I need to know the field equate of the tab that's
being selected however I'm not sure how to do it.  The road I don't want to
go down is to create a list of tab equates associated with the
CHOICE(?MYSHEET) that will be generated if they are selected.  Does anyone
know a better (Less cludgy) way of doing it?

Cheers

--
Ian Holdsworth
Senior Programmer / Assistant IT Manager

Direct Line:      +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
Switch Board:  +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
Fax:                 +44 (0) 0870 134 0987

Web Site:         www.ram-ltd.co.uk

Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:10:09 GMT
 Tabs, Tabs, Tabs!!
As I recall, one of the parameters of the CREATE statement is
the FEQ. So, you can assign it yourself.

MyFEQ    Long

MyFEQ = LastField() + 100  !initialize it

Create(?MyFEQ + 1, ...

(off the top of my head).

--

Steve Parker

kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com

In Germany, they first came for the communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
communist. Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and
I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade
unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

Then they came for me -- and by that time there was nobody
left to speak up.
             ---- Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

Quote:
> Hi everyone

> I have a sheet control with a variable No of tab controls (They're be
> created on the fly).  I need to know the field equate of the tab that's
> being selected however I'm not sure how to do it.  The road I don't want
> go down is to create a list of tab equates associated with the
> CHOICE(?MYSHEET) that will be generated if they are selected.  Does anyone
> know a better (Less cludgy) way of doing it?

> Cheers

> --
> Ian Holdsworth
> Senior Programmer / Assistant IT Manager
> Response Analysis & Mailing Ltd

> Direct Line:      +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
> Switch Board:  +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
> Fax:                 +44 (0) 0870 134 0987

> Web Site:         www.ram-ltd.co.uk

Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:22:27 GMT
 Tabs, Tabs, Tabs!!
 MyTab = Create(0,Create:Tab,MySheetFEQ)

 To get the FEQ of the currently selected tab, use
MySheetFEQ{PROP:ChoiceFEQ}

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:10:09 +0100, "Ian Holdsworth"

Quote:

>Hi everyone

>I have a sheet control with a variable No of tab controls (They're be
>created on the fly).  I need to know the field equate of the tab that's
>being selected however I'm not sure how to do it.  The road I don't want to
>go down is to create a list of tab equates associated with the
>CHOICE(?MYSHEET) that will be generated if they are selected.  Does anyone
>know a better (Less cludgy) way of doing it?

Jeff Slarve
http://www.jssoftware.com

Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:24:07 GMT
 Tabs, Tabs, Tabs!!
Many thanks for all the help

--
Ian Holdsworth
Senior Programmer / Assistant IT Manager
Response Analysis & Mailing Ltd

Direct Line:      +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
Switch Board:  +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
Fax:                 +44 (0) 0870 134 0987

Web Site:         www.ram-ltd.co.uk

Quote:
> MyTab = Create(0,Create:Tab,MySheetFEQ)

>  To get the FEQ of the currently selected tab, use
> MySheetFEQ{PROP:ChoiceFEQ}

> On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:10:09 +0100, "Ian Holdsworth"

> >Hi everyone

> >I have a sheet control with a variable No of tab controls (They're be
> >created on the fly).  I need to know the field equate of the tab that's
> >being selected however I'm not sure how to do it.  The road I don't want
> >go down is to create a list of tab equates associated with the
> >CHOICE(?MYSHEET) that will be generated if they are selected.  Does
anyone
> >know a better (Less cludgy) way of doing it?

> Jeff Slarve
> http://www.jssoftware.com

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:18:52 GMT

1. Detecting the current tab in a tab panel

2. Tabs within Tabs

3. Win95 Tab/TabStrip - Want to use keyboard navigation between tabs

4. Selecting TAB sheet by pressing TAB key

5. Tabbing through tabs

6. Button to goto next tab / previous tab

7. tab order inside tab

8. VI crashes on load because of hidden tab in tab control

9. Inkey() value of Shift-Tab in Windows 98 is the same as Tab

10. Enabling/Disabling Tabs on Tab Control in an *.EXE

11. Disabling Tabs on Tab Control

12. Enabling/Disabling Tabs on Tab Control in an *.EXE