Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File
Author Message
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File

Do any of you Guru's know of a tool or a process that will allow me to read
an Excel spread sheet into a Topspeed file (Selective Field). I have a
couple of import tools but they won't do. The spread sheet is pretty
involved and I need to cherry pick the data from it into a clarion
application. I have tried to selectively export to an ascii file but have
not had much success.
Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Gary L. Stanley CCP

Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:51:32 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File

Quote:
> Do any of you Guru's know of a tool or a process that will allow me to read
> an Excel spread sheet into a Topspeed file (Selective Field).

With ole you can step through the workbook/worksheet/cell hierarcy and get
what ever you want.
----------------------------------
Jim Kane
Team SoftVelocity
Productive Software Solutions
Cant find the message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps
www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:19:06 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File
Thanks Jim

I'm not to familiar with OLE but at this point I'm ready to try anything.

Gary

Quote:

> > Do any of you Guru's know of a tool or a process that will allow me to
read
> > an Excel spread sheet into a Topspeed file (Selective Field).

> With ole you can step through the workbook/worksheet/cell hierarcy and get
> what ever you want.
> ----------------------------------
> Jim Kane
> Team SoftVelocity
> Productive Software Solutions
> Cant find the message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps
> www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:08:59 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File

Quote:
> I'm not to familiar with OLE but at this point I'm ready to try anything.

If you have a clarion magazine subscription, there are a few articles about
com, particularly one comparing it to VB Com. The OleTcl class in that
article would help you as you step through all the objects needed to walk
arround in excell.  The office developer section of MSDN on line
(msdn.microsoft.com) had completed documentation of all excel methods and
properties.  Also having OLEView (free from microsoft) and using it to
explore the excel type library that installs with excel is essencial so you
can get the values of any constants needed.
----------------------------------
Jim Kane
Team SoftVelocity
Productive Software Solutions
Cant find the message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps
www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:38:38 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File
Thanks Jim - I'll give it a shot!

Gary

Quote:

> > I'm not to familiar with OLE but at this point I'm ready to try
anything.

> If you have a clarion magazine subscription, there are a few articles
about
> com, particularly one comparing it to VB Com. The OleTcl class in that
> article would help you as you step through all the objects needed to walk
> arround in excell.  The office developer section of MSDN on line
> (msdn.microsoft.com) had completed documentation of all excel methods and
> properties.  Also having OLEView (free from microsoft) and using it to
> explore the excel type library that installs with excel is essencial so
you
> can get the values of any constants needed.
> ----------------------------------
> Jim Kane
> Team SoftVelocity
> Productive Software Solutions
> Cant find the message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps
> www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 06:36:46 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File
Jim,
    Do you have a web link for OLEVIEW. I keep finding it at MSDN but the
file won't download. The page has moved.

Thanks

--
Bill Rollins
Total Control Software Corporation

Quote:

> > I'm not to familiar with OLE but at this point I'm ready to try
anything.

> If you have a clarion magazine subscription, there are a few articles
about
> com, particularly one comparing it to VB Com. The OleTcl class in that
> article would help you as you step through all the objects needed to walk
> arround in excell.  The office developer section of MSDN on line
> (msdn.microsoft.com) had completed documentation of all excel methods and
> properties.  Also having OLEView (free from microsoft) and using it to
> explore the excel type library that installs with excel is essencial so
you
> can get the values of any constants needed.
> ----------------------------------
> Jim Kane
> Team SoftVelocity
> Productive Software Solutions
> Cant find the message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps
> www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:52:08 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File
Quote:

> Do you have a web link for OLEVIEW. I keep finding it at MSDN but the
> file won't download. The page has moved.

No, I got the same result with the link I had.
----------------------------------
Jim Kane
Team SoftVelocity
Productive Software Solutions
Cant find the message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps
www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:47:45 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File
You might want to try http://www.microsoft.com/com/resources/oleview.asp

HTH

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:14:27 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File
Hi Gary,

Quote:
> Do any of you Guru's know of a tool or a process that will allow me to
read
> an Excel spread sheet into a Topspeed file (Selective Field). I have a
> couple of import tools but they won't do. The spread sheet is pretty
> involved and I need to cherry pick the data from it into a clarion
> application. I have tried to selectively export to an ascii file but have
> not had much success.
> Any help or suggestions appreciated.

    http://www.ingasoftplus.hotbox.ru - EasyExcel have the feature to read
data from Excel.

--
Regards,

Anton Novikov

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:59:42 GMT
 Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File
Al,

   Thanks

Bill Rollins
Total Control Software Corporation
Marine Dealer Management Systems
_

Quote:
> You might want to try http://www.microsoft.com/com/resources/oleview.asp

> HTH

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:06:56 GMT

1. How to read range from Excel 2000 Spreadsheet?

2. to store data in excel format using write to spreadsheet file

3. Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel

4. TPS files to Excel?

5. read from spreadsheet file

6. write/read from spreadsheet file

7. Read from spreadsheet file

8. Reading and Writing to Spreadsheet Files

9. Reading TPS files from Access

10. tps file read

11. Read/Write to MS-Excel file?

12. Reading from Excel files