Not CW: OutLook Express Slowdown Problem
Author Message
 Not CW: OutLook Express Slowdown Problem

Win 98 OE 5.00.2919

My OE  is getting slower and slower and slower. I compact my files. None are that large. My Folders.dbx is only 89Kb.

Clicking on different folders w/in OE locks the machine up, you can hear the HD grinding then it finally refreshes the window.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Any solutions?

--
 Kevin

 Name    : Kevin B. Erskine, Owner, TopSpeed Certified Clarion Professional

 ICQ     : 10761812 [ http://www.*-*-*.com/ ] v99a-beta
 WebSite : http://www.*-*-*.com/
 Phone # : 415-331-6003 (Pacific Standard Time)
 Location: Beautiful Sausalito, California, USA
 "Begin a new era of productivity..."? '96-00 Software By Ragazzi(tm)

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Not CW: OutLook Express Slowdown Problem
Free Agent for newsgroups.  Eudora Light for email.

Regards,
Brett C. Cammack

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Not CW: OutLook Express Slowdown Problem
Hi Kevin,

May be your OE is configured to load and display all newsgroups
descriptions, as far as I recall, newsgroups without descriptions are
accessed rather quickly...

It seem that OE is reading each newsgroup description in each message,
and then display it in the correct tree...

Hope this help...

Best regards

--
Olivier Cretey
Tl: (0)1 3965 9076

http://www.cia-informatique.com
Verneuil sur Seine (78), France.

Wed, 25 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Not CW: OutLook Express Slowdown Problem
Dean,

Quote:
> How many messages are you guys keeping?
> Do you ever clean up or compress the files in there?

This bug in OE has nothing to do with the # of messages.
I've close to 50,000 messages from C5EE, which get's
loaded (directly) within a few seconds. For this ng (clc)
I only have 500 messages, due to (another) bug in the
sync system, wich takes close to a minute to load.
Just 60 sec's of white screen, no hourglass, no disk-
activity, just nothing. When you've switched from another
folder, a part of the last message is left behind on the
screen. It feels like a DDE problem (like Clarion has in
the compiling/linking).

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Wed, 25 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. import contact list from Outlook or Outlook Express

2. Not Clarion Related - Outlook Express

3. How do I trigger a send/receive in Outlook or Outlook Express

4. Outlook/Outlook Express replacement

5. Test to debug Outlook Express Problem

6. Runs on MicroFocus Net Express but not on Unix server express

7. Exporting from Outlook Express

8. Ole and Outlook express

9. IE40 Outlook Express Mail

10. Offtopic: Losing ng messages in Outlook Express

11. Replacing adressbook ms outlook express

12. Off Topic - Outlook Express Question