importing from a comma delimited file
Author Message
 importing from a comma delimited file

Hi;
     I am receiving an error msg. when I try to import a comma
delimited file into a program I'm developing.  The msg. says that
the file is not compatable with Clarion.  The file it a generic
comma delimited file which is acceptable to other prog. lang.
like Access and dbase4.
     Can anyone help me out.  Also is there a users group that
I can post questions to on a regular basis so I can learn this
Clarion4 language faster.

                    Thank you,
                                      Billy Siano
                                      Springfield Ma

   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.*-*-*.com/ ****-
 Real Discussions for Real People

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 importing from a comma delimited file
Billy,

Maybe the end of record delimiter is not <13><10>  - in other words CR/LF ?

JAT,

Mike
--
For full details of the templates below:   www.sterlingdata.com
*** SearchFlash - 3 templates in one *** TrashFlash ***

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 importing from a comma delimited file
Billy

You can use this NG for your problems with Clarion.

To import a comma-delimited file, you should be using your data dictionary.

Provided it really <is> in a standard CSV format, you should import it as a
Basic file type.

There are some limitations for this driver, which you can find in the help,
under 'database drivers':-

Basic:Supported Data Types

BYTE DECIMAL
SHORT PDECIMAL
USHORT STRING
LONG CSTRING
ULONG PSTRING
SREAL DATE
REAL TIME
BFLOAT4 GROUP
BFLOAT8

Basic:File Specifications/Maximums

File Size:       4 GB
Records per File:    4,294,967,295 bytes
Record Size:      65,520 bytes
Field Size:       65,520 bytes
Fields per Record:   65,520
Keys/Indexes per File: n/a
Key Size:        n/a
Memo fields per File:  0
Memo Field Size:    n/a
Open Data Files:    Operating system dependent

HTH

--
Steve Ingle
C S Data Systems

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Import comma delimited text file

2. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

3. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

4. getting fields NOT comma delimited with commas inside

5. Parsing Comma delimited files in J

6. matching records in a comma delimited file

7. Comma delimited file problem

8. 2.01 Comma delimited ASCII file

9. VW code to read comma-delimited text files??

10. Comma delimited file?

11. comma delimited file

12. Regular Expressions in Rexx to crack a comma delimited file